Take your cat to the Vets

A route sheet http://pp.mx5oc.co.uk/James_Herriot_Run.pdf is now available, please down load it and bring it with you, with an average of 15 to 20 cars out on the runs, communicating by walkie-talkies becoming impractical.

Take your manifold, catalytic converter, Lambda sensor, exhaust and the rest of your MX5 on our Sunday Run

The June 5th Sunday  run is to the World of James Herriot in Thirsk,

Meeting at 9:30 for a bacon butties and a cuppa, our run will leave The Stockyard, Truck Stop at 10:00, be there earlier if you want one of their delicious value for money full breakfasts.

Our route will take us around the outskirts of Doncaster to the A19, then due north running parallel to the A1 to The Bikers Cafe for a P & T

Our route to Thirsk will be mostly on little used side roads, through some quaint villages with rustic rose covered stone cottages, we will cross the River Ure on the  quaint AldwarkeToll Bridge.

We have received  special permission to park the MX5’s  all together on a grassy area of the Thirsk Race Course close to the centre of Thirsk. Our thanks to James SAnderson of the Thirsk Race Course Ltd for this favour.

The  award winning World of James Herriot is not a stuffy museum, the rooms are almost as the world famous vet left them, there is also the reconstructed film set  used in the making of the television series All creatures Great and Small, along with the vintage car actually used Christopher Timothy in the series.

Many of the exhibits allow you to become ‘hands on’ or hands up, rolling your sleeves  up first is advisable!

A good hour and a half should be allowed for the visit.

The area where the cars are parked is ideal for a picnic or if the weather is not kind, there are many pubs  and a bistro serving food  close by, The White Horse Fish and Chip Restaurant in the Market Square has received excellent reviews on Tripadvisor,

From Thirsk we plan to go up Sutton Bank, a very steep hill were caravans are forbidden, it is 1 in 3, with two hairpin bends, then it is on to Helmsley, Pickering and Malton, the run will finish on the outskirts of York getting there on a fast,  little used A roads across The Wolds.

As usual members are welcome to join us on route, or  leave before the run finishes, please let us know if you intend this so, we are not waiting on route for you.

A route sheet will be available to down load on the Friday before the run, please down load it and bring it with you, with an average of 15 to 20 cars out on the runs, communicating by walkie-talkies becoming impractical, although members at the back of the convoy  will still be able to receive Eileen’s commentary, with regular Lycra updates!

We hope you will be able to join us

Burton and Lesley

That should be great run ,but we are in London that weekend so won’t be able to join you mick and stella

Hi Burton
We should be able to make it this Sunday, look forward to seeing you all there

Pete and Shane

We will be at the back for reasons known to some but not others although we will be able to see the front. All will become apparent.

Sorry to say that we have an over-riding family commitment this weekend so we can’t join you this time. See you next time! P & S.

Hi there,

a very new MX5 owner (last night), just joined the club today and was just reading about your trip on Sunday.   I (obviously) hadn’t planned on attending this, but if it is OK with you and I can get the ‘domestics’ done on Saturday, would it be alright if I just turned up on Sunday morning and tagged along?

Cheers,

Tony

Welcome to the clan Tony, will be no problem at all joining us on Sunday.
I trust you have followed the links within peaks & Pennines and you know where to meet on Sunday ? Assuming you get your chores done on time…don’t forget to take your apron off before you set off.

Regards Gary

A route sheet http://pp.mx5oc.co.uk/James_Herriot_Run.pdf is now available, please down load it and bring it with you, with an average of 15 to 20 cars out on the runs, communicating by walkie-talkies becoming impractical.

Thanks for the welcome. See you in the morning.

Cheers,

Tony

A great turnout today for the run. I hope all the new members enjoyed it despite a few splits in the 25 car convoy.
Thanks once again to Burton and Lesley for the planning and time given in organizing the run.
See you all in August as we are away for July meeting & run

Gary & Shelley

A big thank you to Burton and Lesley for a great day out.

When I’ve figured out how to attached photos, I’ll attached a few that were taken.

Many thanks for organizing a great day out, it was really good to meet the people and see the cars.  I obviously spoke too soon at the P&T stop, about not getting lost, as I was one of the group that took the short cut to Thirsk up the A1 (note to self, bring a map reader with me next time).
Hope to see you all again at another run.