Tan Interior Paint NC1 Saddle Tan Window Switch Surround Faded Restoration

A common issue with the tan / saddle / pumpkin interior in the early NC1, is that the electric window switch surround fades differently in comparison to the rest of the interior plastics (as pictured, 2018).

I now have a batch of paint available, with full data sheet if required. Exposed to 50k miles of daily use, roof down at every opportunity, and 7 scorching days around Europe, this one step paint has not faded or chipped away, (as pictured, today, 2020).

Colour matched from a brand new OE sliding lid (which butts against the switch surround), it is not a perfect match to the whole interior trim, though it is quite the improvement. Since all interiors will have aged differently, please expect this to be ACAP - as close as possible.

Though entirely possible to apply without removing the switch surround (if you’d rather not puzzle over all the hidden screws and fumble with the window switch plug), the job pictured was removed from the car and lightly prepped, before receiving three coats with a sponge. The paint is “one-step” and took less than an hour to complete (including removal, refitting, prep, and application, excluding drying time).

If anyone would like a batch, I can supply a 50ml pot, as pictured, via Royal Mail 1st Class - ÂŁ15 (collection welcome, Doncaster). Please feel free to inbox me with any questions. Really hope this is a happy find for a few owners, it drove me mad!!

All the best,
Clare :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good, there was someone posting recently looking for a non faded replacement if I remember correctly.

Thank you!

The replacement panels are quite pricey :flushed::sweat_smile:

I will have a catch-up read through the forum and see if I can point them in the right direction :slight_smile:

That would likely be me :rofl: if I collected next week (on holiday) would it be any cheaper?

How do you apply? Via paint brush or what do you suggest to get best results.

Thanks for the thought everyone :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

Welcome to collect from Harworth, minus the postage of course! :slight_smile: It can be applied professionally through a paint gun etc, brushed on, or I recommend a sponge; quick, easy, idiot proof :sweat_smile:

I personally removed the switch, cleaned down with panel wipe, taped up the black switches, and applied with a sponge in a brush motion. - using a sponge reduced the risk of brush hairs sticking in, its fast drying so becomes tacky and grabs them, and the sponge also prevents you accidentally “filling” the ridged effect of the panel with paint.

Really easy to work with, really quick dying, ideally requires 4 hours to air dry before refitting, but I can provide you with instructions/ data sheet via email if required :slight_smile:

Sounds good, I’ll let you know and we can figure something out. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

:slight_smile: no problem!