Tempermental Electronics

In a nutshell I thought it was just my iPhone USB cable that seems to be the problem, but I think it’s the electronics all around.

I installed some under bonnet lights that connect into the smoking plug adapter thingy, can’t remember the actual name right now xD.

But that would cut out every so often or not fully function after a couple pull outs and put back in. Oooh eeer.

Then I also remembered on long journeys or a little drift the infotainment system would crash or die for a moment.

and both USB slots are intermittent.

Any help or ideas. I personally haven’t messed around with the fuse board or anything electrical so any ideas or thoughts would help.

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND/Mk4
  2. I’m based near: Essex
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Electronics

For the infotainment system crashes try removing the satnav SD card as a corrupt card can give those issues.
With the power socket it could be that the plug you are using for the lights is not making a tight and secure connection. Ive plugged my dash cam in the power socket with no problems.

Finally its worth updating the infotainment firmware to the latest level, pm me for details.