Thank You Everyone

It was Sunday 17th July 2011 when, at the end of an Eastern Region run that finished at Sandringham, the idea of holding a National Rally at that venue was born.

For taking that idea to the next level, and approaching Sandringham we have Bill Medlow to thank, just as long as I agreed to take it forward with the Club from there on in.

Roll forward a year and plans were well underway for the event. Roll forward another year, 2 months and 12 days and it’s all over.

I could now go on about how very hard every one in the Eastern Region has worked, about the highs and lows of organising a rally, about how disappointed I’m feeling that it’s all over and that in hindsight there are things we could have or should have done differently, or about how I felt at 7 o’clock on Sunday evening when I stood in the middle of an empty rally field as the sun set. But I think it can be summed up with three lots of thanks;

Firstly, thank you to the Eastern Region for all their input and help in making the event what it was, there were too many people involved in one way or another to try to name names, just pop along to the Eastern Region meets you’ll find all the people there.

Secondly, we’d like to thank all the committee members, area coordinators, enthusiastic Club members, their partners, traders and exhibitors who supported the event in so many ways.

Third and finally, a very important thank you to absolutely everyone who just turned up to enjoy the weekend and in doing so provided the all-important great atmosphere.

We would also like to show our appreciation to everyone for their hard work in organising this event.

We thought having the Area Stands was a brilliant idea, and our members enjoyed having an area where we could all meet up. Thank you also to everyone who came and said hello and especially to those who took part in our fundraising for Cancer Research - we will let you know how much we raised once the monies have been counted.

Well done Eastern Region - you deserve a well earned rest! Smile