The 1900 mileage Mk1 Berkeley

Had a drive to Lytham on the Fylde coast yesterday in our Berkeley and whilst sitting eating our Fish & Chips outside of a restaurant on the main street another Berkeley drove by.

Out of interest I googled the reg / mot history and low and behold it was the 1900 miler discussed at length on here in the ‘most expensive lowest mileage’ thread.

Current is first and only MOT listed, so good to see it out and about in the sunshine at last!

1 Like

Brilliant! I am so glad someone is finally using it!
:+1:

The dealer has still got it for sale

Maybe the dealer is having a panic after having seen the latest Yamakiyard videos on a Mk1 1.8 fuel tank.

Yamakiyard is a Japanese bloke with a field full of fixable junk, and he restores them to working order, preferably without buying any parts. He doesn’t say much, and his tools are basic. His videos can be very therapeutic.

He has a couole of Roadsters that he’s decided to get up and running. The 1.8 has sat in the field for 20 off years. What’s inside the fuel tank is absolutely horrific. Vice Grip Garage never mentions this.

Without the fuel system being drained and cleaned regularly, the fuel tank in this car could be in appalling condition, and its a big job to replace the tank.

1 Like

This is the car I spotted

That has to be the same car, but now it has a personal plate.
I am pretty sure the original registration number was R629 EAD, and that is no longer recognised by DVLA, so WDH 94 must have been recently transferred onto it.

1 Like

Ah, that’s username the owner used on the forum

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.