The Antrim Coast Road

There’s a really great driving road right here on our UK doorstep, the Antrim Coast Road. Here’s a quote from the Discover Northern Ireland website about it;

“This 120-mile driving route (with nine scenic loops) running along the coast between Northern Ireland’s two main cities was voted 5th in the world’s top scenic views (Jacobs Creek, 2006) and when you drive it, you’ll see why.”

I drive this road as often as I can cos it’s spectacular! Not only for the scenery but for the actual roads themselves. The smoothness of them plus the curves and turns along with the straights make this road a relatively short but completely enjoyable drive. If you ever find a chance then get the ferry, take the drive and believe me, your MX5 will thank you more than your better half will! 

Thank me later…! lol

Chris

Thanks for the heads up, one for the ‘to drive’ list.

Ireland 2016 maybe 

It’s even better with the roof down, we done this coast road with the club a few months back was cloudy all day so will have to do it again when the sun is out.

Great road and views… Definitely worth checking out for anyone visiting here.

Came over especially for this one, and it was worth it. Do use the Torroad when there and stay overnight in Derry (londonderry). We are going to do this one in 2016 with the Dutch Owners Club. Keep you posted.

We stayed a few days around Antrim coast area down to Larne ,very scenic,lovely roads ,great job.Highly recommend it in summer especially in mx5.