The Devils work

Here is the back of the bulb holder showing the retaining clip which needs to be unclipped in order to remove the bulb and the holder. Once you see how it works it’s much easier to unhook it when it’s still on the car.

1 Like

Done it once. This time, left it a week till the service…they charged me nothing as the bulb was mine. Couldn’t be bothered with the aggro of doing it, in from the wheel arch with the wheel on full lock ended up being jacked up and wheel off.

Do you need to undo the crosshead screw or does it just unclip from under it??

When I changed mine, after pulling back the rubber gaiter ,I unclipped the bulb holder and it all pulls out , but you have to be careful as there’s not a lot of room, and you can’t see much due to the small amount of space , no screws to undo , even with the wheel off and liners pulled back it’s still fiddly if you’ve never done it before.
But after all that , it’s nice to have fitted decent bright bulbs :+1:

Yes, that shows it clearly, as it’s difficult to see properly when it’s all in position on the car

No. You just need to unclip the u shaped part of the retaining clip at about 2 o’ clock on the photo. It releases from the metal bracket by pushing it down then upwards. It’s tricky on the car because you really can’t see what to do. Just make sure when replacing the bulb holder it’s correctly orientated, it only properly fits one way but it is possible to fit it incorrectly and have the bulb pointing in the wrong direction. In reality if replacing more than one bulb it’s easier to take the whole front bumper off.

1 Like