The jack points on the MK1 🤔

apparently there’s a really good ‘how-to guide’ on jacking up the car.
but its behind a pay wall. :disappointed:

instead, has anyone got just one pic of the underside of a MK1 showing where you put the jack & stands when jacking up the front?

i have some good info but just want to quadruple check. i’m interested in the point on the front cross member for the hydraulic trolley jack (not using scissor jack). i’m interested in any views on use of the body / frame points where the grooves are.

also interested in use of the lower suspension arm pivot points, which bizarrely i’ve read will move when you raise / lower the car. so how its possible for people to use those, i’d be grateful if someone could explain.

i have the Raise_Your_Miata.pdf and the cartoons with the little character that looks like Pac Man (from the original factory manual).

1 Like

2 Likes

thanks bob! :blush:
yeah this is the sort of thing i had in mind. i have this but i just wondered if some more folx could confirm the red circled points are ok and won’t move when the car is raised / lowered:

This guy…love the name Miata Man does some great videos and really knows his stuff.

He appears to have placed the axle stand near the red circle for a quick job.

1 Like

This is a very good guide, I always raise my NA this way.

1 Like