The Le Mans Classic - 9/10/11 July 2010

The following is posted on Behalf of Mike Beasley.

Apologies for the confusion,  and a revision to original costs due to a misunderstanding between Mazda France and the MX5 Club de France. Costs are revised because camping was not included in the originally quoted price.

"There was a big misunderstanding between Mazda and the club (MX5 Club de France).
Camping is NOT
included in the 55€/pers package!! If people want to camp INSIDE the circuit (in
the Mazda private space), it’s 45€ for one tent (with 2 people inside if they
want) for the week end.

So:

1 person WITHOUT camping: 55€
persons WITHOUT camping; 110€
1 person WITH camping: 100€
2 persons WITH
camping: 155€

It’s a special price, the Le Mans official camping is
85€."

Please address any queries to Mike’s e-mail address shown below.

Mazda France are organizing an event at the “Le Mans Classic” to celebrate Mazda’s 90th Birthday.

In conjuction with the MX-5 Club of France we have been able to obtain 50 places (of 250) for members of the MX-5 Owners Club, UK, to attend this event.
Ticket are available at 55€ per person for a 3 day pass, and include…
- General Access & Paddocks Access
- Grandstand Access
- Access to private Mazda area inside the Bugatti circuit
- Camping for the 2 nights
Tents can be erected during the evening, but must be removed during the day.

You need to register by 15th March 2010 and include a photo of your car with the registration.
The 50 best examples will be selected by Mazda to take part in an official parade lap.
The registration form can be downloaded from here. If you are interested in attending this event please e-mail Mike Beasley at beasley.m@sky.com and send your completed registration form and payment to him at…
4 Magenta Close
Billericay,
Essex CM12 OLF

This must sent to arrive with Mike by 10th March so that he can consolidate the submission to MX-5 France by 15th March.

Ummm… take the Le Mans to Le Mans… tempting!

Sounds very cool, busy day that 11 July now… British GrandPrix and World Cup Final…!

I wonder if they will do any thing for the Mazda Le Mans win nex year ?

I see the camping is only for two nights but from my experience of LeMans you need to arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday to make it a lot more of a relaxing stay, is there any possibility of extending the number of nights camping?

Sounds good, I’ve already booked ferry crossing (Norfolkline is extremely cheap for Dover - Dunkerque(near calais)) Could you confirm that it comes with a parking ticket - I guess it does just want to make sure! Thanks very much, Duncan

I’d echo the need for at least one additional night’s camping/accommodation - especially if you’ve been up most of Saturday night watching the racing! Also a question about the form - it asks you to attach a copy of the car registration - is this the V5 or what are they looking for here?

For an answer to this question you should contact the organisers at Le Mans. 

Mazda are celebrating their 50 years there but the cost of camping and admission is paid to Le Mans. 

I have asked if the area is open prior to Friday and continuing after Sunday…but no answer just yet.

I will post the answer when I have one

Mike 

Hi Duncan,

Cost includes admission to practicaly all areas, camping and grandstand.

Usually you expect to camp by your car, and all MX5’s should be in the same area. If you opt to travel with another group, I can’t say if you will be with the official Mazda 250 places.

My advice, even if you have aranged to travel with others, is to register your car as being part of the group, then Mazda will judge your car for the parade lap and you will be with the chosen 250.

Mike 

Hi folks,

I admit this “registration” was not very clear so I apologise.

The registration is the form itself. Please complete it and submit it, together with a foto of your MX5,  by post or e-mail to me. I will then submit it to Mazda France on your behalf.  

On completion of the form, and acceptance by Mazda, you will be allocated 1 of 50 UK places from a total of 250 throughout Europe on a first come first served basis. 

From the registration forms and submitted fotos of the cars, Mazda will choose the 50 most original and special models of the 250 MX5s to take part in a parade lap. I have been told they are not looking for “sooped up” or “blinged up” versions.

I hope this explanation is of help.

Mike