The Paul Kent appreciation society pt1 - Windbreaker ND

Another @Roadie wind deflector fitted, fantastic.

3 Likes

Hi Paul,

I have arranged for a BACS payment
Simon Hildreth

Admin edit

1 Like

Hi Simon. That’s probably a bit too much info about yourself to leave in an open forum where a potentially nefarious individual or gang might find and abuse it. I’m not saying anyone here in the forum would do it, but there’s quite a few folk who just pass through.

So I’d advise you to delete your details ASAP and go the personal message route with Paul instead.

1 Like

Have just ordered one of your boot lid LED strip kits for my RF, Paul, but was wondering if you had ever thought of producing an LED edge lit windbreaker with the MX-5 logo on it. Have seen American versions with ‘Miata’ engraved into them, which look pretty cool… and a version for the RF would be awesome!

1 Like

I always aim to have all products ready to go. As I have wind blockers for both NC and ND soft top in both clear and tinted that’s four options to stock.

I’ve been asked for many different variations over the years including different heights, no top cut out, various engraving and LED options. Add in different colours of LEDs and it gets mind boggling. I don’t do the laser cutting myself so one off engraving isn’t something I could arrange quickly.

The lines I do are good sellers and suit maybe 90% of buyers and I can do them at a fair price. I’ve currently got a total of 52 assorted wind blockers packed and ready to go and tomorrow I’m collecting a new batch of 32 screens from my laser cutter. Stocking other lines that might not be good sellers wouldn’t work for me.

I do have a contact in France who does his own versions of acrylic wind blockers. Lots of variations including custom engraving and lighting and also a version for the RF.

Website is in French but I’m sure Google translate will sort you out. If not speak to Ben. He’s a nice guy and his English is better than my (virtually non-existant) French.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Paul. I may well have a go at making my own from some Perspex stock I have… I’m always making Perspex items using a router for cutting, and then polishing myself. I’d like to get hold of a second hand black base from an RF wind deflector to experiment with fitting LEDs inside it. Currently, there’s only a small amount of space inside, and the standard clear acrylic has too many fixing lugs on the bottom to be of any use… it really needs to be flat for edge lighting. In the absence of a base section, I’ll have to find some kind of fixing to go in the holes of the body to secure the base of a custom made LED channel. Thanks for the link, BTW, will have a look!

1 Like

I ordered one of Paul’s superb boot lid LED strip kits and it arrived today. Very impressed! Full description of the fitting with photos in the ‘What Have You Done To Your MX-5 Today’ thread.

3 Likes