The Paul Kent appreciation society pt1 - Windbreaker ND

Just wanted to give a massive shout to @Roadie for a couple of bits I’ve ordered and fitted the first being the upgraded wind breaker… Highly recommend for anyone with an ND. Doddle to fit and looks superb! Really opens up the rear view !

1 Like

Thanks Steve. I’m sure you will like it even more when you can actually get in the car and drive it rather than just look at it standing still.

:grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah went and did the shopping in it last night. So much better! Looking forward to driving with the roof down now. :+1:. Thanks again Paul! Excellent bits of kit, brilliant quality and easy to follow instructions! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Just for the ST ?

Yup. RF comes with an acrylic wind blocker from the factory. Soft top gets the Tupperware strainer version as standard. Mazda do something similar but for a lot more money and it needs screwing into the hoops.

1 Like

I mounted my rear facing camera to mine. It floats but is very visible. Haven’t had any tailgaters yet so hopefully it’s working.
:grin:

1 Like

I had a run yesterday and twice today, top down in the cold, with the oem windbreaker I definitely would have had more buffeting, the Perspex one is a little taller and makes winter driving so much more comfortable. I can’t recommend enough.

4 Likes

Thats a massive difference, and maybe a lifesaver too. I’ve heard it mentioned that the all round view from the RF is not that good. So anything that helps must be a result. May I ask if they are readily available and at whet price? The fitting would need to be simple for me? I think a lot of this do-it-yourself comes down to confidence.

My wind breakers are for Mk3 soft top and PRHT, one version fits both, and for the Mk4 soft top only. The RF already comes with a clear wind blocker. Maybe Mazda decided more visibility was needed on the RF as a lot of the rear view is blocked at the sides. The soft top comes with the black plastic Tupperware strainer.

1 Like

Prices??

£50 for clear, £55 for tinted for both the NC and ND soft top versions including UK P&P. Pictures and further details in the parts for sale section. PM me for payment details if you are interested.

:smiley:

1 Like

I found their site and the price was £125, so are you getting us a discount Roadie? :laughing: At £50 it’s a no-brainer really.

Not 100% sure which site you are looking at but probably one in the US. The ones I’m selling are my own manufacture. Acrylic screens cut by a local supplier to my design, the rest of the kit put together by myself. I sell direct on here, Facebook and eBay. Not a copy of any other product.

I took early retirement on a reduced pension and doing this to keep me busy, make a few bob and make my customers happy. I look for things that I would like myself but can’t justify paying retail price for. If I think I can do it myself for a fair price I’ll have a go. I am registered with HMRC and pay my taxes but apart from that, no warehouses, websites, investor dividends or wages to pay.

I’m currently doing the wind blockers for NC soft top and PRHT, ND soft top, LED boot strips for all ND and have just started importing ND rear sequential indicator kits.

Wind blockers and LED strips have gone really well with over 100 of each out there already including some of both in Japan.

Everything listed in the parts for sale section on here. PM me for payment details if you are interested.

:grinning:

4 Likes

Coals to Newcastle eh??
Well done you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really impressed with mine, once the weather improves I’ll take a photo and put it up. I added a white “Roadster” decal which I think looks good on it.

2 Likes

Mine fitted!
With thanks to Paul for sending MORE retaining bolts after mine shot over the gravel driveway in my eagerness to get the bag open :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You are not the first, you will not be the last. :joy:

Was the picture taken in the mirror? If not your sticker is on the wrong side. Wants to read right when viewed from behind and in the rear view mirror. Just turn the screen around…

but don’t lose the screws…

again…

:wink:

3 Likes

Schoolboy error now corrected, without the loss of any screws👍

2 Likes

Paul - please can you me details to buy a ND windbreak (clear). Thanks. Tim

:grinning:Message sent