Tickover gone to pot after reconecting battery turned wheel left and right ,no joy

2023-12-05T00:00:00Z

You do not say which model you have but I understand that you have to drive for some miles for the ECU to re learn things on some models.
I believe the lock to lock is to reset the ABS lights on some models, those in the know will be along to confirm or otherwise.
:heart:

Hi if a mk3 leave at idle for 20 mins should sort this out. And as malc says the lock to lock is to sort the abs/dsc etc.

Kev

type or paste code here

thanks folks for your replys i should have said mk3

I did the steering lock left to right, then held 2000 rpm for two mins,…sorted

i had this exact issue on my NC about 3 weeks ago - seems to have just sorted itself out by itself now

I’ve disconnected the battery many times in my 3.75 and the only issue was the DSC light, either fixed with lock to lock steering or just driving it.

Had similar issues with battery change on my NC1, including engine almost cutting out when slowing down for junctions, roundabouts, etc. Found this on Miata.net and it worked. Bit of a faff but cured the problem.

As others have said, I think it would sort itself out over time but mine was still causing a problem after more than 100 miles so I was glad to find this fix.

1. After getting the car to normal operating temp disconnect the battery and apply the brake for few seconds to discharge any current.

2. Connect the battery with ignition to OFF and all things in car to OFF (radio, fan, lights, door light…), shifter in neutral or park.

3. Turn the ignition ON without starting the engine and leave for one minute, then turn the ignition OFF.

4. After waiting one minute, start the engine.

5. Idle the engine 15 minutes and do not touch anything.

6. Turn off the car.

7. After that, turn on the car and do DSC reset (left lock to right lock, etc.)

Not necessary for all that faff.
I usually when the battery has been disconnected do this…

1. Start the car and do DSC reset (left lock to right lock, turn off.
  2. Restart the car then Idle the engine for approx 15 minutes.

Works for me.

1 Like

Yes, I have done the same after battery disconnection.
Never a problemđź‘Ť.

I always take mine for a good 30 mins run round the country lanes. Far more fun than just letting the car idle.