Tictac, 2.0 sport nav.

No problem, glad to help. The good thing is that it’s very easy to reverse if you do want to put it back in as it all comes out in one piece. 

Totally forgot to add i finally managed to get my spoiler fitted on Saturday which nicely ties in the all the gloss back up high. Definite sweaty hands taking a drill to the bootlid 

Also i’m looking for a slightly shorter aerial than stock. I have a stubby and aren’t a fan of the look or reception tbh, anyone have any links for an in-between length aerial? 

Thanks, will take a look under the bonnet

Had the bonnet up today and yes I do have that big piece of plumbing. Strange thing is though that I never hear any of the noise described here by others. Road noise is the main thing I hear inside the car.

I asked my wife who, in the passenger seat, is closest to where this tube comes into the cabin an d she tells me that she gets engine noise. I will need to look at getting a deletion kit…

You will be amazed at how much noise that does produce, i know i was. Went on a nice little drive out yesterday and it definitely makes for more relaxed cruising on the motorway. 

Pipe successfully removed.

Instead of getting a proper modified intake tube I bought a bag of plastic bungs from B&Q and fitted one in the hole the sound tube used to occupy.

Tremendous difference to the interior noise level.

Crazy how much difference that thing makes isn’t it? I’m loving the car a lot more since i got rid of that. 

Also in other news fitted the OEM pedal covers at the weekend, not a job i want to do again tbh. For now i think that’s pretty much it for the mods.

I lied. Bought one of the clear wind deflectors as wasn’t a fan of the mesh OG version. Have to say it not only looks different but does make a difference in the amount of wind in the cabin as well, bonus. 

Also got a private plate on the way. 

Private plate now fitted, much better: 

Very smart, love the number

Nice mods, great looking car 

Thanks. 

Cheers. Surprisingly cheap for MX05 plates as well.

Quick update:

Now all the springs and adjustments have settled down i have to say this car is an absolute pleasure to drive now. We (me and the better half) went to Caffeine and Machine yesterday morning for breakfast which resulted in a 2 hour drive combination of motorway/fast a-road and this car just laps it up, wonderful. 

Also with the remap it’s a much easier proposition to overtake anyone dawdling along, makes for rapid progress across country. 

Anyway, couple of pics from last months France trip:

Well this has to be one of the best mods as yet. Bought one of the IL Motorsport phone holders the other week as i’ve been looking for a holder that doesn’t stick to somewhere where it’s in my vision. Got to say this is super solid, nice and neat and as a bonus i had a magnetic Ipow holder that’s magnetic and fits the mount which i prefer. Thoroughly recommended.  

Also my little red cover for the button finally turned up.  

That does look good! I looked at the pic for a minute or so, thinking" where is it? I then realised what I was looking at! Thought it was a vent on the left side of centre  Think I’m just getting old!

Barrie

Regarding the “Farty noise pipe”. Does anyone know if replacing this with the alternative Mazda kit affects the warranty. Wouldn’t be a problem switching back for servicing I suppose if it was an issue.

Thanks Steve

A dealer would have to be a proper cock to refuse warranty work based on you fitting a delete kit!

I’ve done it on mine 

Bru 

I’ve got one to fit on my 30AE, when it comes!

Any confirmed date for it yet? 

Not heard anything final from the dealer yet.  As I understand it the cars were offloaded in Zeebrugge last weekend, at that point Mazda Europe then “specs” up the base vehicle to end market legal requirements, once that has happened they will go to their final destination dealers (At this point the customer should be advised) who will then add any accessories ordered by the customer.  I’m hoping we’ll hear the news before next weekend.  When I do I’ll add a post to the “Who is getting a 30AE?” thread.