Time to "formally" say hello

After lurking for a bit and asking a few questions on one post, i can now properly say hello after buying my first MX-5.

A few things to tidy up, but nothing major - only really driven it home to Aberdeen, but so far so good!

Not much more to say - its a Mk3.5 sport tech and std apart from back box.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Lovely car and 2 nice companions! :slight_smile:
Rob

You didn’t have to buy a car just to say hello😉but you’ve bought a nice one .

Hope you enjoy your new toy , and welcome from Essex :+1:

1 Like

I’ve recently joined too mate. Hope you love your car as much as I love mine! They make you want to just go for a drive, even though you have no destination in mind!

2 Likes

@kzg1969
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Owners Club Forum.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to MX5 ownership !

1 Like

Few things ticked off so far - main one is the clutch pedal! What a difference!

Passenger seat out for a good clean and this is when i found both battery terminals were loose! The clamp bolts fully tight but the clamp itself just too big for the battery post! And i mean loose enough that they could have jumped off!

1 Like

Have it lowered ( the where it should be ) and have the wheels spaced 25 Mm You will love it’s new look … as many of you would agree The MX5’s sit a bit too high I had my car lowered at a company near Chesham W.I.M ( Wheels inmotion ) The journey of fifty miles from home To the W.I.M was the furthest I have been to date but I enjoyed every mile … and returned home with a beaming smile from ear to ear, No need to have the wheel arches touched if you keep to the perfect measurements I believe they dropped the car 30mm and spaced the wheels 25mm. It didn’t sound much So I enquired of the mechanic if it was enough ! and I was told that those two measurements “Are spot on “. He had done hundreds of them, he was right I wouldn’t want it any lower nor the wheels any wider, I would like to send a photo of my car but do not know enough about the internet to complete the task… Any advice would be greatly received I live in Epping Essex and would be grateful if a local club member could top by and explain the workings of these web pages thanks. Keep safe from Ray Hill …

You have hit the nail on the head with your short statement. That’s exactly how I feel too. Now that the lockdown is coming to an end I have started to drive my roadster ( hood down ) just to feel the breeze through my hair and the gentle song of my sports exhaust ringing in my ears … Lovely sensation, Best regards Take care keep safe from club member Ray Hill …

You should get the Battery problem fixed ( if you haven’t already done so,) The ‘feed‘ from a car battery Is very important… It has to be constant in delivering the correct amount of voltage etc, Best regards from new member from Epping Essex Ray Hill

Welcome along, hope to see you out and about in the area.

First real run out tonight with the top down…8deg up here but the wee thing fairly protects you from it all. Heater does a good job and I only needed a had for the top of me napper. Seems quite happy up to 60mph but over that it gets noisy.

Hi and welcome. I had a sports tech prior to my ND. (Now my sons). Enjoy it.