Tiny pitting chips to Windscreen!

I was going to put this in the tech forum, but am really looking to know who else has this issue… Only really notice this during sunny days and especially when the sun is lower in the sky - Quite a number of pitting chips to my windscreen, which maybe due to previous owner following a gritting machine over a winter… Not sure much can be done about it…! :thinking:

Glass polish & orbital might help. Never done it but the products are out there.

Just the current poor state of the roads, when you ride a cycle the crumbling state of our roads becomes very apparent. The amount of loose stone is appalling and most of it seems to have hit the front of my mx-5!

1 Like

In my experience glass polishers/restorers etc are a waste of effort, even if used with a DA/polisher.
I think the OP’s only hope is that a random stone (similar to an automatic centre pop) hits the screen and causes a crack necessitating a replacement screen.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same last night.
Never know your luck.

1 Like

Mine’s looking pretty hazy in low sun, clean it as I might. That’s at 17,000 miles. Almost as if there’s micro-erosion of the surface.

I think a potentially hamfisted windscreen replacement could be more hassle than it’s worth. I’ve had a couple of poor jobs done on other cars by the national chains nominated by my insurers. The last replacement I had, on my Outlander, was at a dealer who was unlucky enough to get a stone to the windscreen while on a test drive after a service. They fessed up and got a local firm to do it, they refused to use the nationals. It was perfect.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys… Agree with John_M, and think mine looks much the same as his - and it’s not worth the hassle, or cost of getting a replacement…! Is just a small niggle with a wonderful little car! :smile: