Today I did something stupid but got away with it

Well today I met with some members at the coffee and machine… we went for a drive, had fun all fine, now two miles away from my house I came out the motorway at the junction and stopped at the traffic lights at the roundabout, I’m on the left behind a vehicle, a Skoda suv on my right and a back BMW X4 behind it.

The road is a double carriage way so 70mph. off we go. the Skoda spirited away, I thought ok I indicated on the right went though the gears and the skoda indicated left and I pass him, now we are on a long left the X4 is right behind me. I’m doing like 70mph+ so I say ok, put the foot on the floor were now approaching a somewhat medium righthander x4 is behind me and were doing 100mph or so.

I say f**k this… I indicate left and as soon as I indicate the BMW puts the blue lights… I say fooork and slow down…

They passed me on the right the guy on the left he nod to slow down. I gave him a thumbs up and went home…

Damn… that was stupid and I was really lucky…

5 Likes

You were very lucky. I once driving to work on the M1 and as I passed an entry slip road in lane two, catching up with a line of traffic, a car pulled onto the motorway immediately parallel to me. I moved over into lane three, because it was obvious he was going faster than the lane two traffic, only to see it pull straight across lane 1 and 2 and come up close behind me in lane 3. It closely tailgated me for about a mile and I thought “Well he’s in a big hurry!” so I increased my speed to pass the rest of the line of vehicles to our left. Having passed them, I indicated left, moved across to lane two to let him go, only for him overtake, pull over in front, put on blue lights and stop me on the hard shoulder and issue me with a ticket for accelerating to an alleged 83 mph. I pointed out that I thought he was tailgating me and that’s why I sped up. He just gave a sly grin and carried on writing the ticket. I asked a police sergeant friend (same constabulary) about this and as soon as I mentioned the policeman’s collar number he told me that he knew him well and had a certain reputation. He told me I really ought to take my case to court because the evidence was disputable, in view of which vehicle the policeman was travelling in. I didn’t in the end because I was spending a fair amount of time travelling abroad and just wanted it settled, so I paid the ticket and took the points. Swings and roundabouts though, for unknown reasons my next car insurance actually cost me less, even having declared my “sins”.

2 Likes

Damn…yours was a bit of a d*ck move from that pc.

However if they stopped me I’m not sure I would be getting a ticket and points though… For me I’d be a straight to court case :roll_eyes:

Maybe they weren’t keen of getting out the car or there’s a few pc’s that aren’t total d*cks after all, who knows.

But certainly I’d be watching far more closely what I’m doing while driving on public roads after this. And this is the message what I wanted to say with this thread tbh. I got extremely lucky, don’t do silly things especially when big SUV’s are asking for it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.