Traders?

One week to go and still no details of traders on the website. Does that mean no-one is going to be there? 

See: https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst115568_I-have-a-question-----if-you-can-t-find-an-answer-ask-in-here.aspx

There will be traders there. There has never been a rally where there have been no traders.

I’ll be there on the Sunday, for anyone that wants tyres. 

I know these events take a lot of organising and it’s not a job I would want.

Just seems crazy that the club has set up a dedicated website with it’s own domain name but now that we have reached the point where in exactly seven days the event will be over we still have “announcements coming soon” on the attending traders page.

Surely the majority of traders that will be attending have confirmed by now. All we need is someone to add a list of trader names to the website. Even if some haven’t confirmed they could be added later.

To be honest I’m in two minds whether to go. Went to the last rally held at the same location as did many more. At least give some information to encourage us to come along.

Who cares if a website is attractive and well designed if it doesn’t have content,

Deary me, what happened to compassion and understanding, unbelievable.

Paul

“not a job you would want”!? evidently. It’s just easier to have a go at the people that are because, it’s all so easy!

There is a publish update for the Website about 1 hour away for peak browsing time.

What I find unbelievable is that at this point we are chasing major name traders who still have not confirmed.
A final list will be published tomorrow when the deadline for traders is reached.

As for it being a week away most people will make up their mind about coming to the event in the next couple of days maybe even Saturday.

If you need a list here you are with all confirmed.

Adrian Flux
Autolink MX5
Dent Wizard
Jass Performance
Lancaster Insurance
Moss Europe
MX-5 Tech
MX-5 Works (Sulston Hills)
MX-5OC Motorsport
Nubawax Car Care
Scenic Car Tours
Stewart Davidson Photography
The MX-5 Restorer
Total MX-5 Magazine
Vacwash Spares
Stand Up To Cancer
MX5 Parts
Mazda
MOT
Carbonhaus
Cobra Sport
BOFI Racing/Dave Fab
BBR Gti Ltd
Car Safe
Rocketeer
Newton Commercials
SJD Blackwell (wheel refurb)
Mazda Mender
Heritage Detailing
Michelle Daffin

Thanks ianf. Looks like a great line up. I too find it unbelievable that major suppliers still haven’t confirmed. As I said I’m sure the job of an organiser must be frustrating to nightmare status.

Others have also expressed frustration at the lack of updates. Now that you have updated us on the situation we understand. All I’m saying is that the website should have had some indication of attending traders before now. Wouldn’t be good to have a name on there that then didn’t confirm. However it would have been better if the confirmed traders were on there a week or so ago and the list then updated later.

It’s not the lack of a list that’s the problem, it’s the lack of information as to why. in my opinion the information on that page “announcements coming soon” isn’t helpful. If the information given was “A final list will be published 09/09/19 when the deadline for traders is reached” that would have been more helpful.

Chasing the errant traders is obviously a higher priority than updating the list. Sorry if I’ve delayed that by my inquiry.

Thanks for your efforts to make this the best rally ever.