Tried & Trusted Repairer for 2016 ND in West Midlands?

Hi there, can anyone recommend an independent garage to look at a knocking/rumble in the rear when going over bumps and potholes? A local garage diagnosed "play in the off side lower bush":deciduous_tree::thinking:- he does not have the tool required to take off the hub.

With my previous two MX5s I used a brilliant local guy but he has retired, I tried one recommendation in Nuneaton but got no response, another does not do this kind of work and the third has some worrying reviews.

Iā€™m in Birmingham but happy to travel 40 miles or so, any info would be much appreciated.

It sounds like the known issue of spherical bearing/bush wear, I donā€™t know the geography of your area, if you can get to Roddisons in Sheffield he will sort it for you. @rodders

Looked it up, probably double the 40 miles but well worth the trip.

1 Like

Roddisons Sheffield would be a good start

https://forum.mx5oc.co.uk/t/nd-rear-hub-carrier-bushes/124673/5

1 Like

Thanks for responding, I will check it out as the only recommendation so far. Johnsons Mazda in Solihull charge Ā£120 to look at it and give a quote!

Thanks for your recommendation, I will call Roddisons as no other recommendations for the Midlands.

It isnā€™t necessary to remove the hub, lookup Andy Leslie on facebook, he makes and sells replacement bushes with a fitting tool that allows replacement with the hub still on the car that any independent garage can use.

Thanks Gareth, I will explore that option also, although the mechanic did say he could buy a tool but around Ā£300 and may not use it again but hopefully I have some time to sort this out as mileage now is minimal.

Take note of Rodders post, he offers s decent service to replace bushes.

Thrussington Garage, Syston Leicester. They race prep MX5s as well as work on road cars.

1 Like

Hi, Only just seen this, thanks for the recommendation, I still havenā€™t got it sorted and now heading for MOT, service & other issues appearing so preparing myself for a big bill! This is the first car I have bought from a garage and had an AA ā€œinspectionā€ on and the last time I will do either.

Roadspeed in Eccleshall.

Stafford area.

Just out of interest could you enlighten us as to what your ā€˜issuesā€™ are please. May be we can help.
:heart:

I havenā€™t used them myself, but I know that some members in NWM use Mazcare in Wolverhampton.

I had an MOT and waxoyl/underseal done at CS Haynes in Silverdale, Newcastle-under-Lyme. They were good and offer an MX-5 OC discount.