Trolly jack

Can anyone please tell me where a safe  place is for using a trolly jack is, if any?

1 Like

On a Mk1 the centre of the front subframe (just ahead of the finned section of the oil sump) and the bottom of the diff (two pads cast into the diff housing) can be used for lifting with a trolley jack.

If you look inboard of the jacking points on the sills you will see a reinforced corrugated section. With a suitable piece of timber packing under this section you can also use the trolley jack here.

Always use a trolley jack with the car on level ground and with the handbrake on and the car in gear if lifting the front, or with the front wheels chocked if lifting the rear.

1 Like

I was thinking about this too, im fortunate that my sills are still strong enough to use the scissor jack but wouldn’t try and lift high enough to get the axle stands under the floor rail ends, when lifting the rear i generally put a trolley jack under the reinforced floor rail ends then put the axle stands in the arch of the chassis rail i would prefer to put them where i use the trolley jack as i could get more height out of them but worry about damaging the diff fins with the trolley jack

1 Like

Suggest a trolley jack with a jack pad adapter on the standard sill mounting points… ensure you get the adapter sized for your jack cup… eBay is a good source.

Not a bad idea, thanks

Buy two - they don’t last long before they split.

1 Like

Talk about a resurrection , 12 year old thread.
M-m

1 Like

It needed jacking up to the top.:grin::+1: