Trying to find more info on my car

Won’t let me attach pics but if you have Facebook or Instagram
Facebook Mitchel naughton
Instagram mitxhel

Here’s my car
K363fyl
She’s a lovely na6 uk spec with a 1.8vvt swap
All built in my garage at home by 19 year old me I’ve had the car nearly 6 years now and found one previous owner ( the guy who posted on here before )
But could never find any more history on it I’d love to find other people who knew the car back in it’s prime before she go Rusty when I got her and had to rebuild it from the ground up

2 Likes

Glad to see you managed, nice looking car.

1 Like

There’s lots people in here won’t like but lots they will the car is covered in Mazdaspeed and other 90s period parts

1 Like

Maybe, any interpretation is valid, variety is good, boring if we were all the same.

2 Likes

Does the unusual wheel setup cause any stability issues, or confer any benefits? Or does it just mean the insides of the tyres get all the wear?

It’s simply a style thing if I’m honest in the wet it’s awful drives like rubbish in the dry it’s not much more noticeable than my other fives due to being on air suspension I can raise the car so it does scrap but the camber at drive hight is still excessive for a “road car”

Looking amazing :+1: wheels not for me.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looks like your wheels are falling off… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wheels are great but the ‘style’ position doesn’t do it for me.
Is it ok to get through an MOT like that or do you alter it for then?

1 Like

It passes perfectly fine

2 Likes

■■■■ I’m used to this one but yeah every arm underneath the car has been replaced with adjustable arms the whole shell Has been fully restored from bare metal to now red raptor

1 Like

This is an older pic when I first assembled it without the custom arms and air suspension

If you haven’t already done so the Government Check My MOT site can throw up some clues. Yours is a lengthy read.
Wanting to know what work had been done on my car I went back to the most recent MOT station and drew a blank. They had never heard of my car! I got a £9.99 HPI check done and found out the FSH and dealer addresses and other stuff . It turned out that the car had been on a personalised plate until April 2022. So it wasn’t dodgy after all. That helped me trace some more history.

1 Like

Hi Mitchel :handshake:

What a Remarkable Build from Rusty :+1:

Especially Impressive as a Young Chap :sunglasses:

Couple of Questions:

Aged 21 yrs my second car was a Mk IV Triumph Spitfire and It’s Wheels Were Slightly Angled Outwards…Drivers Would Flag Me Down to Advise “Something Wrong With Your Wheels”…I Would Explain it Was Built Like That…and It Was By Triumph…No Adjustments on My Part…It Became Most Annoying :roll_eyes:
Does This Happen to You When Driving ?

Have You Given Her a Name Yet :thinking:

Meanwhile

:tophat: Hats Off to You for this Rebuild…a True ‘Rise from the Ashes’

Spurred Me On With Renovation & Restore with Bullit and Her Corrosion :muscle:

Thankyou and Best for Finding More Info on Your Girl :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yep I don’t drive her often as I’ve only just recently managed to insure it as I’m sure the mot history shows in my near 6 years of ownership it’s only recently worked well enough ■■■■ but yep everytime I’m parked at the shops or on the road the amount of looks and conversations I’ve had are hilarious she is also called mia very generic I know but 14 year old me loved it

2 Likes