Twisted fabrications Lee Crilly

Has anyone used Lee Crilly from twisted fabrications for rust repairs? Looking for an alternative contact as I can’t get through using the details in his Facebook page and he’s missed 2 meetings with me now.

If he’s that hard to contact and can’t even stick to agreed meetings as basics, I’d question his overall competence and reliability and steer clear.

MX5 City are well known for rust repairs!

2 Likes

I’ve already had work done by him but there’s a lot of snags we need to sort. To many to list tbh.

Another reason to avoid him in the future in that case…

It almost sounds like he’s ignoring you… I’d be inclined to go to his business premises and confront him

1 Like

I’m at his unit now. Was supposed to meet him at his place yesterday but he didn’t turn up. He said he would be in all day today and he’s still not here. Trading standards will be getting a call

Yikes! Sounds like a bit of a :bell::end:

Your not wrong. To put in perspective how bad things are here’s a few of the many snags. The car went in for rust repairs. There’s a rust hole still in the sill. 3 of the 4 wheel nuts on front left wheel were loose causing the wheel to almost come off while driving, center brake light not plugged in, screenwash pipe not connected, rear bumper not properly secured, side light cable not connected. He had the car for 9 months with very little communication and the price was boarding on extortion.
I’m not normally the sort to call out someone publicly like this but I can’t not let others know how bad it’s been. And I think I’ve given him enough chances to get things sorted.

2 Likes

A case for Watchdog methinks! sounds like a rip off merchant :-1:

1 Like

Hi Matt.

I’d like to take this opportunity to respond.

First off I like to apologise for missing you at the workshop.
Not to try and make any excuses but as I work alone there are times when I am out of the workshop from time to time.

On the cost of the work carried out on your car.
I gave a detailed, itemised estimate of all the work you requested via email.
The price charged for all the work carried out was agreed to by yourself again via email.

As for the issues you mentioned above, these were all rectified at no cost to yourself.
And I’d like to assure you that practices have been put into place to ensure similar issues will not arise in the future, for example I’ve now changed the paint shop I use due to them being responsible for some of the afore mentioned complaints.

Please feel free to drop me a message if you feel you need to discuss any of the above further.

Lee.