Tyre garage around Glasgow

Any recommendations for tyre shop that is willing to put on tyres brought by me (the customer) and will do a good job of it?
I have had mixed experience so far from different places. On top of that I have had mixed experiences from the same shop! What I am worried about is scuffing the wheels (have had this happen before) or not balancing the wheels very well, having it vibrate at motorway speeds (and maybe, perhaps, at higher speeds too).

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

1 Like

Feel your pain. ‘Tyre day’ is probably my most stressful car day. I’ve thankfully now got one I like (in a dealer of all places), who I drop £20 a wheel in his back pocket, as well as paying dealer labour rates (and saying take as much time as you like), plus getting the tyres myself.
I’ve had all sorts of heated arguments/altercations over the years after bringing PRISTINE wheels, not a mark on them (i’m also a car detailer so can notice a dot), literally totally as new, explain my expectations, offer them MORE money to spend more time- I’ve even gave offered for them to name their price ABOVE the usually fitting charge, I’ve said ‘£100, £120 More?’ I’ve asked them to do an initial condition audit and ask to point ANYTHING, even a dot (and I’ll/I’ve pay/payed even more money for that time), so anything afterwards can’t be argued,yet still I’ve had the results we all dread.
Can’t understand how 55 years after a man was sent to the Moon, in my experience, many tyre fitters still can’t change a tyre without marking wheels. Or can, but can’t be bothered doing otherwise.
I kid you not, I even drove my ND LESS to starve off ‘tyre day’. Thankfully as stated, the one I got a fitter who seems fine. Knows my expectations and is very picky by nature. Recently had two fronts done on another car of mine by him and it passed my night time, high powered LED torch from 5mm test :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good that you have someone who can do that properly! I’ll have to think about finding someone local who I can trust.

1 Like

Agree, a good tyre fitter is well worth supporting. We have a one up here (120 miles may be a bit far for you) who set up on his own as he couldn’t stand to see how the local multi-fit treated customer vehicles.

https://www.yell.com/biz/mackay-tyres-ltd-inverurie-10282299/

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. It is a bit of a trek but worth knowing there are good places like this.