ULEZ Expansion Proposal - (Map)

I was all set to sell Little Red (1992) when I came across the definitive boundary lines today. The infrastructure is already in place as the signs and I guess the cameras are in place.

Interestingly I live in the borough of Waltham Forest but live just outside the proposed ULEZ extension zone by 400 yards.

1 Like

still a small chance it won’t go ahead - sign partition now

Think it is a done deal isn’t it?

The way Waltham Forest are going, they’ll ban cars altogether soon. :crazy_face:

I’m in Redbridge about 400 yards inside the zone, luckily my cars are either too old or too new to be captured. Eat my dust Mr Khan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I am inside the proposed (inevitable) expansion by less than a mile and only ever drive out of the zone. I have recently sold my Mk1 and have had various Mx5s over the years. The consultation survey is completely skewed and nothing will stop this now. I will no longer be an Mx5 owner or member after 22 years. Maybe I will return when the early Mk1s become officially historic 40 year old vehicles and thus exempt (but you must apply!!). Thanks to the various members I have met and the events I have loved attending. Goodbye.

Many of the NB’s approximate post 2002 are ELUZ compliant. These too are great and some would debate the better all round car. They will give you enough incommon regarding the driving experience so you can continue to be a MX-5 owner.

Also depending on where you are based you may find sympathetic owners maybe willing to loan (insurance permitting) or drive you.

Hopefully you maybe able to continue…I live in North Chingford if that helps.

2 Likes

I’m just outside the current zone, and will be way inside the new zone. I assumed that any pre-06 petrol car isn’t exempt, but I’m happy to find my 03 plate NB is exempt. Any idea how this works?

With the link above in the thread you can check the registration. I’m sure I found NB’s that passed ELUZ. I was looking at all options.

1 Like

The way I understood it, is that the Euro emission standards became mandatory for manufacturers in 2007. Obviously they didn’t wait until 31st Dec 2006 to build engine’s to that standard, so most new model released in the years leading up to that date comply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.