Underbody Protection 2019 RF

Hi all,

I’ve had my 2019 ND RF for over 3 months now and loving every minute.

Had a look around the car (as one does on a Saturday morning) and noticed some surface rust around the underside at the rear end. Certainly nothing that I’m worried about but it’s started me thinking about some sort of underbody protection. Is it recommended and has anyone done it on an ND?

If required, I might have a go at it myself, but anyone know who does it in the North/West Yorkshire Area? (I’m based in Skipton).

Here’s some pics:

Hi , I have a 2018 RF and I have had mine done . There are some bits the factory appear to have missed and it is too good a car to take the risk!

Be worth doing that to catch it before it gets worse. Looks like it’s been driven through winter a couple of times.

I just jacked mine up pressure washed it off, did each wheel arch also, with the wheel off, and then used some spray waxyol on the rusty bits, like brake pipes and the suspension.

Once the rear subframe was clean I rubbed it down a bit and sprayed it with black Hammerite. Just cover the whole car with old blankets as the overspray gets everywhere!

Was pretty easy if you have the jack and are able to crawl around on the floor, a lot cheaper than paying for it.

If you want to do the job yourself take a look below - did my nc a year ago, easy to apply, car smells like sheep dip for a few days after but that disappears - got photos of before during and after if you are interested.

Hi,
try Carl at CBS Autos - well known - check his Facebook page for details of others 5’s he’s done

CBS Autos
Unit 18,
Ecroyd Steet,
Nelson,
Lancashire
BB9 7BJ

01282 697413

1 Like

As someone said,Carl at cbs,did mine :+1:

@Richard-J
This was mine at 3 years old

Then after a pressure wash on the race ramps

Mine last weekend before l changed the suspension over to Coilovers 3+ years old no wax oil just a good wipe down with and oily rag twice a year :wink:

3 Likes

Richard-J
Another vote for Carl at CBS Autos Nelson BB9 7BJ 01282 697413
I have been a customer of Carl since 2011 he has looked after my various MX5’s
including Dintrol rust preservation work.
Regards
Keith

1 Like

Thanks all. I’ve got “underside envy” now :rofl:

The best person to do this is yourself, and is not as expensive as you my think, including buying the equipment needed to do so, we can guide you through the whole process if needed … Jimbo's MK 4 RF in pearl white 7,000 miles - Mazda-Menders
M-m

1 Like

Thanks M-M. Wow that’s an epic job - such meticulous detail. Great sequence of photos too.