Underseal around herts

We can do it blindfolded to even out the odds

1 Like

ā€œA full clean down of the whole undercarriage of the vehicle. Thoroughly cleaned and all rust eleminated by applying ML rust inhibitior to the full undercarriage. Once dry we seal the full undercarriage including chassis, floor sections, suspension arms, brake disc covers, steering bars, front/rear trailing arms, wheel carrier supports, tank/tank guard, boot floor, front/rear bumper internal supports, arch externals with black undercarriage top coat. Clear coat cavity wax is then injected into the internal sections of the chassis to treat the inside out - this clear coat is also applied to the door inners and body seams before a clean off and seal to body work.ā€

Ā£460

My 1993 Eunos is rust-free and, as far as I known, never been exposed to salted roads; definitely not during my ownership of 5 years and I acquired it 1 year after import.

Iā€™m having a full respray done on her next year as a very rough hard top I purchased off here a few months ago is getting resprayed in the next couple of weeks and the reds will be shockingly different :joy:

2 Likes

Snapā€¦ thatā€™s what I have too :rofl:

Nice! A meet up and a spin is definitely in order then!

I have an NC but next car will defo be an ND, really fancy them. By then Iā€™ll probably be able to afford the 2l :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™m in Berko as well. CSK in Buntingford did a good Dinitrol job on my Mk2

2 Likes

Does the car stay there for more than a day?

Whereabouts in Berko?

Greenway

I sometimes walk my dog up there - Iā€™ll keep an eye out! Iā€™m in Woodlands

I have been wanting to get this done but needed recommendations. Iā€™m in Cheddington so near you guys. Thanks for the information

Yes its rubbish, ā€œThe quick fix that cures allā€, donā€™t waste your money.

And any good place that fully protects these roadsters ,have them for a week at least, if its a in and out shop, walk away, it is not being done correct.
M-m

1 Like

Surely most people that have underseal / rustproofing work done donā€™t leave their car in the garage for a week at least? Agree that would be great but assuming the time and cost would be prohibitive to 99% of owners. There must be a sweet spot of a few days Iā€™d guess

Proper jobs would take at least 4 days to strip the underside of the car of the worst rust, thatā€™s after a steam clean or jet wash and let dry. Removing wheels, underbody panels and liners, sometimes even part of the exhaust system. Treating the rusty bits and applying the underseal and hopefully protection of the alignment bolts, suspension/coilovers, exhaust from the underseal coating.
Iā€™m guessing itā€™s pushing towards Ā£1k now for a proper job. Iā€™ve got a bill that came with my car from 2019 that states full Dinitrol treatment including cavity wax, cost nearly Ā£700.

It all depends on the time of year and condition, but when they leave me , they are done,finished, where ever they want to park them in or out, we have them for up to two weeks, we donā€™t do a in and out slap it on drop off collect same day, thats a waste of my skill,time and the owners time, and would be a case of applying protection over everything including where its not needed , missing major important areas, and I will not recommend spray on heated up silicon as a process to start to keep an manage the tin worm , its a fools choice.

M-m

How did it go at CSK? Are you happy with the results? Iā€™m still thinking of booking mine in

Ah. Meant to update. MOT showed some minor rust (no advisories) so getting that treated. Ordered a new front wing so getting that done. Seemed a waste of money to get everything treated and then replace a wing! When itā€™s done, will report back.

In case anyone interested, I took my car to CSK Automotive to get their ā€œextremeā€ protection package. Happy with the service. They had the car for 5 days in total and I was kept up to date throughout. Lots of photos of the job sent. Would recommend

Good to know! Do you mind if I ask the cost? Going by the website it looks like Ā£460, which seems cheap given the length of time they have the car.

Indeed it does :man_shrugging: