Undersealing in the central belt?

hi fellow MX5 Fans.
im looking for a reccomendation for an undersealing treatment in the central belt. i was hoping to do it myself but i think a profesional might be better.

1 Like

Preserve & Protect in Johnstone:

1 Like

Had mine done by P & P mid-December, nice folk and they keep you inormed via WhatsApp with messages and pictures. They are really busy just now so you might be looking at a month or two before you can get yours booked in - takes them about 5-7 days.

Thanks All will give them a shout when the car arrives.

1 Like

Another shout out for P+P,got mine done last march/april,really nice guys and keep you updated throughout the process,also offer a yearly inspection and if the underseal needs bits done you only pay for the underseal they use

Yeah i messaged the guy at preserve and protect on instagram and he was saying that which is really good. I suspect it will be going to them especially as the weather just now is so cold

The car has arrived and has been undercoated. The guy at preserve and protect is an absolute legend he has also provided a high temp wax protection for the very mint engine bay

. Thanks for the recommendations

3 Likes

How much do they roughly charge at P+P for an underseal? I’ll need to get mine booked later this year after I get my arches and sills sorted :cry:

Hiya,

i got mine done for 650 there really good guy sorted out my battery vent while it was in. Ive to take it back in september for an inspection which he reccomends yearly. They also do body work very aproachable nice guy there might be able to help you out with your welding.

Hope this helps. Ive been to alot of garages in recent years with my ford (fix or repair daily) but the guy at P+P is honestly the best dude ive come accross in the motoring buisness

3 Likes

Thanks I’ve heard they are really good elsewhere in the past so to see them pop up on here now pretty much gives me full confidence that it’s the place to go😂 I think the welding will probably get done down south to be honest for the sake of the quick turnaround time.

Haven’t fully decided yet, also haven’t got the cash sorted yet either but know it’s a priority.

He’s also got a welder that works for him, so might be worth letting him know what welding you need done and getting it done before getting it undersealed?

1 Like

I’d agree with the above comments on Preserve & Protect in Johnstone. I’ve had three 5’s done by Mark in the last 5 years and he does a great job. He is also really helpful in advising on broader 5 issues. I would wholeheartedly recommend his services.

2 Likes

Got my Pride & Joy (Skyler {2017 Sport Nav}) sorted out with Preserve & Protect, they did a great job were very good at keeping me upto date with the progress. Got the Weld Seal as an extra, this will pay for itself in the long run. Well worth the outlay for a good piece of mind.

2 Likes

My 2017 Icon is getting retired from light daily duty in September when my new Mazda 3 arrives, so I’m planning to get undersealing and rust removal done then so it can live as a weekend car for the rest of its days without the rot (hopefully). Glad to hear these guys are good. How much did you pay roughly if you don’t mind me asking?

Sorry for the late reply, it takes a week to get your car done £100 deposit on booking, I also got the Weldseal an extra £150 in total £825. well worth a safe piece of mind your car is protected. You take your car back every year they will inspect it and advise if any work required. You will only pay for materials used.

Thanks, I’ve got it booked in for two weeks time! Now I need to get the stone chips taken out of the paintwork and then get it detailed in late August just before my new car arrives and it gets put on weekend duty.

Try RPA near Denny, they are Dinitrol agents and have done MXs
D

Sorry I didn’t know of them at the time & would have preferred to use someone local, but honestly I did enjoy the drive out & back again… :slight_smile:
Weather was great & conditions for getting my “Top Off” were perfect :stuck_out_tongue: