V Spec / Specials - MK1 Nardi Gear knob

After a good condition brown leather Nardi gear knob for a Mk 1 V Spec. 

I have a worn one that requires re-threading and would be happy to part exchange + Monies towards a decent condition one, ready to fit. 

Cheers. 

The Mk1 V-Spec gear knob is a wooden item, not leather. Looks like this:

(Nardi Evolution)

A leather Nardi gearknob was fitted to S-Specials, but this was black, which is difficult to recolour.

Driftworks sells this, including with a M10 thread to fit Mazdas. The price is left than what Mazda (to my recollection) was asking for this 15 years ago (was ~£100)

https://www.driftworks.com/nardi-evolution-gear-knob-in-mahogany-53265.html

Driftworks also sell a leather version of this, but in black leather only,

I’d be interested to hear from anybody else who’s bought one of these, the colour varies quite a bit in pictures around the internet and I sent mine back because it looked so much darker than the original steering wheel that it didn’t seem like a matching part. Here’s a picture from another member on here which is closer to how it looked in person.

Factory brochure photo:

Don’t think they matched that well new, plus you are comparing a new gear knob against a steering wheel with 25-30 year old polyurethane varnish on top.

Luckily you’d never notice with a silver stereo. :smiley:

Here’s a photo from the Mazda restoration brochure this year, for comparison.

Yes, but that steering wheel is a 2019 reproduction. Nardi never stoppd making ther Classico, so not sure why Mazda thought it was a big deal.

Silver stereo (MSSS) was standard fit in the V-Special II.

Yeah, there is zero match in the 2019 so-called “restoration” between Nardi steering wheel, gear knob and brake handle.

They only just completed the 3rd “restoration”, which considering all they are doing is taking old bits off, and bolting on new bits, is pretty poor. Unless they deliberately set the acceptance bar so high, they knew most cars would not be eligable.

Thanks to everyone who responded. The one I have is the tan wood one shown. Demon steals price is quite expensive, yet everywhere online is asking circa £70 with the M10 thread. 

Is anyone aware of a company or someone or the forums that restores them? 

B&Q sell sandpaper and varnish. In the past, a marine varnish appears to achieve the right darkening.

I’m coming back around to this again so I thought I’d include a photo of the Nardi Evolution one you can currently buy from Driftworks side by side with the original Nardi wheel and handbrake trim in case anybody else wanted to see.