V5C first registration date change

I have a 1990 Mk 1 Mx5 / Roadster , imported in 2002 from Japan. After many years of ownership I have noticed a couple of details that are incorrect on the V5C. The VIN number I can see how to change, but the date of first registration is wrong. It is the same as the date of first registration in the UK. Does anyone Know what proof I might need to change this. I have the Certificate of Deregistration that gives the correct Vin No and first registration month/year. Do I need any other documentation? I am only doing this now to prevent future problems.

I had the date on the V5 for my Eunos changed by writing to the DVLA with a printout of an email from Mazda stating the manufacture date. New V5 issued promptly with no problems so if you have documentation you shoul be fine.
D

Thanks for the reply. Out of interest were Mazda easy to deal with when asking for details of imported cars?

Yes very easy.
I just emailed customer services with the VIN number and they mailed back with the info :+1:

The V5 records the date of registration in the UK - not anywhere else

Thank you

My V5 says “ Declared year of manufacture 1994 “

Under vehicle details I have
B Date of first registration and B1 Date of first registration in the UK .
Just assumed that they should be different and when it becomes eligible for no road tax in the future it would make a difference. Few years away as she was registered in 1990.

You might like to read this thread about potential problems with personal imports and manufacture/UK registration Emissions testing - Technical Area / Engine, Transmission, Exhaust etc - MX-5 Owners Club Forum (mx5oc.co.uk)

Thanks for the link. Interesting to read it. Fortunately I haven’t had any emissions problems so far. It gives me even more of a reason to sort out the first registration date to prevent future issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.