Valuation needed

I’ve posted this in the insurance section as well.

I’ve just taken out a policy with Footman James and I need a valuation for my Mk2 1.8 RS. I live near Louth, are there any club officials within easy travelling distance who can do this for me please?

Thanks

Nick

Nick,

Worth reading this;

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/p/2883/14229.aspx#14229

This is a subject that comes up from time to time and I don’t believe has ever been completely resolved as to who can say how much a car is worth and what criteria should be employed. As an AC I have no training in car valuation and would not be prepared to sign off on a value. You may find a club official who is a motor engineer or knows the process better than me and be prepared to this, good luck.

Ian

From my past experience, insurance companies are happy as long as a club official of some sort has had a look, an area organiser is fine. All they want to know is that you are not insuring a shed that then gets burnt out and claimed on. Usually the price you paid is the value as it has just been tested by the open market. I can usually self assess as my other cars are over 20 years old.

This is sorted now thanks to my local area rep who’ll sign the form for me next weekend.