Van drivers 😡

Parked my car in street, van driver found me, apologised profusely that he had parked his van and scraped front drivers wing of my car. Swapped numbers, he said he wanted to pay for damage and not go through insurance, now he’s refusing to answer messages or calls. I’m left with a bill of £480 to repair my car. So completely fed up.

Did you check his, MOT, VED and insurance validity?
Hope also you have his full name, reg number of course and business address, the last bit may not have been forthcoming though?
I went through similar early last year, fortunately everything was settled between me and the other driver very swiftly as they didn’t want an insurance claim against them.

Had this a few years back.
Luckily I had been warned to take photos of the damage, the other vehicle and its driver by a friend.

As soon as you have photos of everything - they tend to play ball.

I’ve only got name, phone number and company name!

Good tip. Did the same, pictures of damage to my car and the other cars damage.
In my case even the police got involved (only by phone call) they just advised the owner of the other vehicle to leave details for insurance purposes, it was minor damage in a car park.

I’d be ringing the company direct, if their employee isn’t answering messages or calls related to this.

And take some photos of the damage if you haven’t already. Ideally this would have been at the scene and location of the incident. But it’s better to have them at this stage, than not at all.

… plus date, time and location. The company might be able to track where their vehicles were at the time.

Without reg number I don’t think you stand much chance.
If it’s a local company, you could always go for a ride out and see if you can find it, then report it to the police and your insurance company.
Do you have legal assistance on your car or house insurance, maybe get these guys involved to send a strong letter out.

Were you near any shops or houses that may have cctv or maybe a ring doorbell with a camera? It’s possible you may find the number plate.
Also you can look up their business address on companies house website. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.