View through front grille 2010 NC

Hi,
Not sure how to describe this , but here goes…if one looks through the grille, obviously with a good torch, you can see the radiator some distance behind…
In front of the radiator, on both sides-near where the horns are positioned, are two plastic ‘upright panels’ which should be secured ( at the top) by a plastic bolt. My securing bolts on both sides are gone, so the plastic panels can flex a bit more than intended??
I’m getting occasional ‘clunks’ from the front end, which sound like what I imagine a loose under- tray would sound like. I wonder in this case could the plastic panels as above be to blame.
I usually have found ( in other cars) that such noises are associated with suspension bushes needing replacement , drop links etc, but I’m almost hoping that something loose underneath might be responsible
Just wondered if anyone could put a name to what I’m trying (poorly) to describe, and maybe someone has experienced something similar?

Interestingly, I found, in the engine compartment , so behind the radiator, the mummified remains of a small bird!! I initially thought it was a mouse nest, but was relieved to find the bird, almost intact, lying on the under-tray and just visible under the pulley belts looking down from the top… but wondering just how it got in there…
Thanks
DC

they are air ducts that direct air into the engine bay , and the one on the right as you look at the car, cools the ECU - some people remove them, they dont do alot

Thanks for reply

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.