'Visit my local'

One of the things I want to do during the summer months is ’ visit my local’ this would be a second meeting during the second or third week of the month, more a natter rather than a ‘formal what is on’ type meeting’

MadazPete is well into organising an evening, he has spoken to Roger at the Crown in Killamarsh on Ashley Lane, who welcomes the idea of P&P using the upstairs private room. 

Thursday night is steak night,  Wednesday is curry night and on either day a full menu is also available.

So as Pete’s venue is roughly speaking in the south east part of our area how about the following meeting being in the north part of our area? - Humpty ? !!

Ideally we are looking for - safe off road parking in a good sized car park, preferably a private room, but this is not critical as its an informal meeting, good pub grub,(must include scampi !!) and Real Ale or two would be good

Just  check the landlord is happy to receive us, them PM or email me with the details.

We could possibly meet in the Hope Valley and tie it into The Hope Motor Show in June?

Like that idea as it gives another night out in the month

Anywhere suitable down your way Mick? The Hewett Arms in Shireoaks would be ideal, but I do not think they do food any more.

We talked about having a meeting at Netherthorpe Aero Club last year, but nothing came of it

The flying club used to be a regular call a few years ago with my local motor club but a change of commitee there meant a change in rules i.e. every one had to be a member at an extortional rate , have used the Hewitt arms as a wedding guest only although they hold a classics show most years but it tends to be tractors and stationary engines, the pubs are numerous but the better known ones are getting out of the P+P area and some only have small car parks let me have a little think and may be some reconiasence/research ,The Parish Oven at thorpe salvin may be a possible good food and reasonable carpark . Leave it with me a while ok

How about going ‘On Tour’ where you choose a different place each month? Get to see some different places and drive some different roads, might even drag out some people who don’t normally attend…

Were it not for the fact that the Eastern Region at least one meeting every week I’d suggest it for us.

Karl

I’ll give it some thought and see if I can think of anywhere. Might have to do some research :slight_smile: