Visit to NT Petworth House 18th December 2022 for 'Petworth’s Tree-mendous Christmas'

Visit to NT Petworth House 18th December 2022…FREE ENTRY FOR NT MEMBERS
UPDATE 15th December 2022
Sunday looks a little wet but as we will be inside all should be Ok, please arrange to be at Morrisons Supermarket Lakesmere Rd, Horndean, PO8 9FB to leave at 10.30, the drive will be via A3, A272, A283 to Petworth House, parking will be in the main carpark, and we should arrive at approx 11.15/11.30.
Petworth House have a Christmas inside display as below,
Information as posted on the Petworth House web site,
Petworth’s Tree-mendous Christmas
Explore Petworth House to see Christmas trees taking centre stage this season.

• Step into an enchanted winter forest in the Marble Hall, and see the woodland creatures, from deer crafted with garden greenery to little mice.
  • Continue your journey to discover the Christmas trees that take inspiration from their surroundings.
  • Marvel at the 12ft-high tree in the Square Dining Room, that reflects the hobbies of the seven generations of the family whose portraits hang on the walls.
  • See the chainsaw-carved trees that stand proud against the backdrop of Grinling Gibbons carvings and Turner paintings.
  • Discover the Little Dining Room’s Christmas tree inspired by florals patterns from the collection.
  • You won’t miss the Red Room’s showstopping tree, with decorations created by partners and the local community.

We have a list!
John & Patricia
Chris & Jue
Nigel & Linda
Ron & Angela
Curtis & Mother Katie
Bob & Val to meet at Petworth House Carpark

Thats a shame, would’ve loved to come and join you, but … taking Beau to Panto at Mayflower that day. Goldilocks & the three bears staring Jason Donovan. She is so excited.

Diane XX

2 Likes

Sounds a great idea. Have you decided where we will be meeting up and at what time?

Hi Nigel & All, John & I will be at Morrisons Supermarket, Horndean, PO89FB for 10.15 leaving 10.30

Thanks. Please add me (and Linda) to the list. Nigel

1 Like

We’re up for this trip please add us to the list

Thanks Colin and Jo

1 Like

Hi Pat & John,

Please add Angela and myself to the list.

Cheers,

Ron & Angela😁

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies, we now have 12 people…

This event is now in the MX5OC Diary at the following link;

SOLENT - A drive and visit to Petworth House, West Sussex - MX-5 Owners Club (mx5oc.co.uk)](SOLENT - A drive and visit to Petworth House, West Sussex - MX-5 Owners Club)

1 Like

Hi Pat and John
Sorry to say we are going to have to drop out of this event due to unforeseen grandparent duties. hope everyone has a great visit.

Jo and Colin

@Huggie
Hi Colin , have a wonderful day with the grandchildren, see you both in the new year, perhaps it was meant to be as the weather is not the best.

UPDATE on 1st post for place and time for meeting up on Sunday 18th December 2022

Could me and my mother attend in my mk1? Many thanks
Curtis and Katie

1 Like

Hi Curtis,
Welcome to Solent Area and I am sure John will look at this in the morning and hopefully add you to the list, if he has not exceeded the permissible numbers already.
Regards
Mal

Hi Curtis,
Time 22.15…Sorry about the delay, yes of course you both can join us all, text me on 07845182628 to confirm
Regards
John &Patricia

Mild start to day here in Purbrook, so should be a nice drive, please be at Morrisons down by the hand car wash to leave no later than 10.30. regards Patricia and John

Many thanks to Chris & Jue, Nigel & Linda, Curtis and mum Katie, Bob & Val for braving the rain and cold Please look at seperate post for photos of the visit to Petworth House and freel free to add your own…