Visit to Tangmere Aviation Museum on October 6th

Thanks Simon

Am putting you down as a single attendee. Let me know if that is not the case

Steve

Thanks Simon

Am putting you down as a single attendee. Let me know if that is not the case

Steve

Hello there everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the event at Gaydon and the wonderful weather.

UPDATE ON TANGMERE

Having visited them last week they tell me that audioguides are available from reception at £2 a piece.

They are happy to do guided tours starting at 2pm for groups up to 15 people in each group (we may need more that 1 if there is demand for this.) I have asked for 1 tour group.

Advance payment please (see prices on original posting in this thread) to Mal by PAYPAL to malrowland21@gmail.com

Attendees are at time of this post

Steve & Janet - Paid Mal via PayPal

John & Patricia - Paid Mal via PayPal

Ron & Angela - Paid Mal via PayPal

Sally and Colin - Paid to Steve then to Mal via Paypal

Graham and Sheila - Only Sheila to pay - £7.20 received by Mal via BACS

Nick & Caroline

Phil + 1

Gerry & Richard - pay on the day

Mal & Serena - Paid Cash

Marcus & Kim - Paid Mal via PayPal

Neil  M - Paid Mal via PayPal

Simon M 

Graeme & Jay - Paid Mal via PayPal

Jue & Chris White -  Paid Mal via PayPal

Jules & Graeme - Await confirmation from Jules.

Look forward to seeing you at Emsworth

Steve

Hi Steve and Janet I’m sorry but don’t think I can make this run at the moment but if things change I will let you know gerry

Hi can I come too please may even bring Graeme for this one. Will sort payment asap when Hes confirmed.  

Hi Steve

You might like to check with Mal, as I have paid him via BACS for Sheila’s ticket.

Cheers,

Graham

Payments list brought up to date, as of pm on 23rd Sept.

Regards

Mal

Hi Steve,

Please add Jue and myself to the list.

Will pay Mal by PayPal

Chris

Sorry unable to attend we are away

regards

Bob

Confirming Graeme and me , all paid up to Mal ,

Hi I can make the Run now so can you put me down for two will pay on the day now gerry & Richard

Hi Steve & Janet,

We’re looking forward to your event on Sunday and seeing everyone.

Hope you don’t mind but we’ll meet you at Tangmere and we’re planning to arrive at about 11.25am so we’ll be there for everyone’s arrival.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Thanks Sally - see you there

Steve

Hi Steve & Janet

As I’m coming from SW London it makes more sense to go straight to Tangmere. I’ll be there by 11.30 at the latest, see you there.

Cheers

Neil

Ok Neil. See you there

Steve

Hi Steve I am Jules  I’m Jay on here,  so Graeme and Jules ( Jay ) definitely going sorry if confusing . Graeme calls me Jay . See you soon 

A BIG thank you must go out to Steve & Janet for arranging such a great drive and venue, and of course plenty of sun on the way, here are a few ‘stolen’ photos from Mal and Gerry, plus a few from myself just to give those members who were unable to join us all a taste of the day… 

Parked up at Emsworth ready for the off

Arrival at the Air Museum…

Around the Air Museum…

The museum staff were so very informative on the 2 tours of the museum.

Hi Everyone,

I recieved today an email from the Chairman of Tangmere Aviation Museum, in response to an official headed letter I sent him thanking him and the staff at Tangmere for a great visit by Solent Area MX5.

I have pasted the Chairman’s reply below for you all to view.

Best Regard

Mal

Dear Mr Rowland,

Thank you very much for your letter dated 7th September and for taking the trouble to write about your visit on Sunday last.  We are, of course delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience and hope that perhaps we may see you again one day.

I will apprise Rene Boone and David Norton of your kind words and a copy of your letter will be displayed in the staff room for all to see.

Best regards,
David

Group Captain David Baron OBE
Chairman