Visit to Tangmere Aviation Museum on October 6th

We are hoping you can join us for a drive on Sunday October 6th in the West Sussex countryside ending with a visit to Tangmere Aviation Museum just outside Chichester.

Tangmere was a Battle of Britain fighter and SOE (Special Operations Executive) station and has a vast amount of personal as well as RAF history exhibits. It also has many aircraft both within the museum building and on the surrounding areas. There is a small cafeteria. See website for more details.

https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk

If we have 12 or more we can get a 10% discount on admission prices but we have to pay in one lump so we need to collect the money beforehand

Admission prices are

Adults: £10.00   so our price is £9.00
Over 60s: £8.00 so our price is £7.20

The plan is to meet in Emsworth at the South St car park (PO10 7EG) at 10.00am aiming to be away at 10.30. Directions - From Hampshire direction leave A27 onto A259 signposted Emsworth. At roundabout turn right into Emsworth along High St. At village square turn right into South St. Car park has 2 entrances both on right.
The drive should be about an hour with some leeway to arrive about 12 noon at Tangmere.

Any questions let me know

Steve & Janet

John & Patricia are good for this event, please put us down…

Hi Steve & Janet,

Yes we are up for this, should be a very interesting visit, looking forward to it.

Ron and Angela 

Hi Steve & Janet,

We’re looking forward to this event as it looks really interesting, so will you please include us?

Also, do you have a PayPal account or should we pay Mal in the usual way?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Hi and thanks for the replies.

As regards payment can I get back to you on this after I have discussed with Mal (at Gaydon) and the museum.

Steve 

Hi Steve and Janet

Sheila and I are definitely up for this .  I visited Tangmere earlier this year as part of a ride out with a m’cycle group I belong to, and remember saying to Sheila when I arrived back home that I’d like to take her there, so this is the ideal opportunity.

Just to let you know when it comes to ticketing, we’ll only need the one at £7.20 for Sheila, as being her carer, I can get free entry.

Regards,

Graham and Sheila

Hi Steve & Janet

Can you count myself and Caroline in, will pay when details come out.

Nick & Caroline

Hi Steve and Janet, 

Can you put me and another down for the Tangmere run please

Kind Regards

Phil

Put me down for this one please gerry

Hi Janet & Steve,

Please could you put Serena and myself down for this one.

Many thanks for organising this drive and visit, much appreciated.

Regards

Mal

For info,

This event has now been posted on the new MX5OC Events Calendar, at the following link;

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/diary/action~agenda/exact_date~6-10-2019/cat_ids~102/

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

I think you’ll find that link you posted above is for access by admin people only ??.

Regards,

Graham

Good spot Graham, I was just testing to see if any body actually reads these posts

No, seriously, I will go on the main PC and correct the link immediately.

Thanks for pointing out my error

Mal

Link updated and should be visible to all now

Hi, 

Please include Kim and I.  Not been there for many years.

Marcus and Kim 

If it’s OK for an interloper from West London to tag along, I would like to join you.

Cheers, Neil

Neil

That’s fine. Are you a lone wolf or accompanied

Steve

Hi Steve, flying solo, wife has a bad back so can’t do museums…

Neil

Steve

Thanks for organising.

Please put me down as going.

Simon