VW camper van build

Don’t get excited folk, it’s only a ki! 

Couple of years ago, maybe longer, the family was at Lego Land, Windsor. I decided to spend my pocket money on the Retro VW camper kit they sell, almost £90 IIRC. Anyway, it came home and was parked up for a while in a cupboard. Youngest son, around twenty at the time, had a birthday coming up so decided to wrap the kit up for him. Delighted was an understatement   roll on a while, he didn’t set about it properly and opened all the bags that are wrapped into sections, tipped them into the main box, got started and then lost interest.  Grandson asked if he could have it and finish it off, so off it went to his house. Still not finished  By now, who knows what’s missing, etc, shame really but there you go.

Just before Christmas, I reopened my WISH app on my phone, having unsubscribed the previous year. Still got bombarded with offers, so I thought I’d give it another go. Anyone who has viewed items on WISH will know they often sell, shall we say, unusual items  partly why I tried to unsubscribe!

Regardless, this popped up as a discounted offer

£21 plus £8 delivery from China  Over 40 separate sealed bags of pieces

Also a 83 page build manual, just like the original plus as it’s all pictures, no language issues 

No fancy box or packaging but everything “looks” to be good quality and at £60 less than I paid originally, appears fine. There is also a retro VW Beetle and a Mini in the series so depending on how these go, I might buy them too! Just need to find some time now to get building, retired though I am,there are many demands on my time  Will update as I go along. 

Barrie

phew!! you had me going there for a moment Barrie. Reading the title I though someone had gone mad and taken the real job on…years of fun.

I had the real thing Barrie, that ended up in pieces.wish I still had it, even as a basket case it would be worth fair bit

I keep trying to find the time to build my kits, retirement is stopping me.