Want to replace Panasonic with standard 063 battery on your NA?

MX5 NA standard 063 battery set up with G19 Engineering clamp. Usually a 5yrs warranty on battery compared to 1yr on the Panasonic.

Bosch 063 battery (Yuasa are also recommended) Bosch Car Battery S5001 | Battery Group

Vent Pipe Battery Vent Tube / Vent Pipe | Accessories | Car Batteries | Batteries by Vehicle | Battery Group

Battery Clamp G19 Engineering - Battery Conversion Kits

T-piece Plastic Hose Joiner Tee - Silicone Vacuum T-Piece Elbow Pipe Boost Gauge Tap | eBay

Battery Mat The Original Acid Neutralising Battery Mat. Absorbs acid & dampens vibration | eBay

Battery tray https://www.amazon.co.uk/JasCherry-Rectangle-Silicone-Flexible-Bakeware/dp/B07D4GDQ4F/ref=sr_1_43?crid=2MOW11NKV7S1M&keywords=silicone+baking+tray&qid=1698605822&sprefix=silicone+baking+tray%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-43

Isolator Discarnect Car Battery Disconnect Isolator Cut-Off Switch + fuselink | eBay

TOTAL price for this entire list of components is about the same price as the expensive Panasonic battery.

Ultimately, is that not just a different version of this?

Albeit a FAR better version, The G19 conversion kit is far more substantial… I had the OEM Mazda one until it failed and needed replacing, Glad I went with the G19 as it feels like it will still be holding strong many years after the car has rotted away lol. :rofl:

Thanks for sharing, I note 2 out of 3 reviews are critical of this kit. The G19 Engineering kit is not that much more to buy & it is a sturdy well designed alternative. (I dont work for G19!)