WANTED Early NC Sport, in good condition and cared for

Hi folks,

After being stung by a dealer, I am looking for an early NC 2l Sport to replace my current one. In good condition and well cared for. Sensible miles, and colour preferably would be galaxy grey, but open to others! I’m based in Islington and will travel for the right car. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling.

Thanks,

Stew

2 Likes

Hi Stew,

I have a 2006 NC 2.0 Sport in True Red with a matching detachable hardtop. Miles are quite high at 132k but it’s been well maintained and has a good service history, with the timing chain and VVT actuator changed at 127k. It’s not perfect but it looks good, runs very well and everything works as it should. It’s just had It’s MOT end of September and a main dealer service 3 weeks ago. I’m asking 3000 with the hardtop and 2500 without.

I’m happy to deliver the car to Islington.

Best regards,
Mark

Good luck Stew ! I’ve been looking for 4 months for an early Mk3 2.0 sport - everything is overpriced and has a dodgy MOT history or 6 plus owners - I think all the good ones have been bought up

1 Like

I know of a possible car for sale…

It is 2008 1.8 PRHT, Copper Red, 5 speed, leather seats, (maybe Bose - need to check!), with one owner ( my dad - well technically 2, as it was my mum’s car but she only survived for 3 months after purchase) and 23k.

Good service history (not every year because it does less than 500 pa now) and body work…would benefit from new ARBs as deterioration in the dust covers its at the last MoT.

Open to sensible offers.

1 Like

I have the car you are looking for, It has to be viewed for you to understand the slightly higher price of £5000.It’s as near ‘ mint ‘ condition as you can get, It should be in a museum … Epping area Essex.

Don’t worry about ‘ too many owners ‘ Etc, There might be a reason for higher ownership, Go by the condition instead….

Hi, if you have not yet found your new MX5 you might wish to come and view my low mileage mint condition one. In Epping Essex. It is advertised on here, it is well worth the visit Just half an hour away. My car hasn’t even got a stone chip Nor even the tiniest mark Etc, It really is one off Museum piece ( which is where it should be ) it’s one to enjoy in the coming summer. £5000 … 54.000 miles Leather, many extras ….

Nice 2009 NC 2.0 Sport.
76K Miles and only 2 former keepers.
I’m in Lancashire though so probably a bit outside your locality!

1 Like