Wanted - Mk1 or Mk2 California

I am on the look out for a nice California, either a Mk1 or a Mk2.

I am based in Norwich and have cash waiting for the right car.

If anybody is thinking of selling, please let me know.

Thanks

Ian

2000 Mazda MX5 California | 22,750 Miles | 14 Service Stamps For Sale | Car and Classic

New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Not sure if @peter-willats sold his?

Good morning Ian,
I am selling my fully restored, high mileage MK1 California.
You can either use it in the original format or in its more usable form (leather seats, LED headlights, Momo steering wheel, smartphone integration). I have sourced all the elements to make this a complete package: full tonneau cover, hard top, rack and cover, new half tonneau cover, wind blocker). Original cloth seats, headlamps and steering wheel included.

Totally restored (by MX5 Restorers Chris and Garath). Engine out, body repainted. Sills repaired. Meister coil overs. KM air filter. Electric windows fitted. New soft top. Underbody sealed.

Since restoration I have added: leather seats (in addition, great condition cloth seats on rails included in sale), hardtop (from NB) in matching sunburst yellow with new cover and rack, rare full tonneau cover hardly used, new half tonneau cover, new mats custom made with ‘California’ emblem, Pioneer single DIN head unit to hold I-phone/Android device as screen, Momo steering wheel (original wheel also included), new keys cut by Mazda UK.
MOT until 11/21. No advisories. Serviced annually. Last serviced on 01/04/2021 by MX5 Restorers. Underbody seal renewed. Timing belt, tensioners, water pump, air mass meter renewed in 04/2021. Full documentation: owner’s manual, service book with 9 stamps up until 2002, original manuals for immobilizer, alarm, radio. Invoices for restoration, repairs, service for the last 20 years.
In Kent near M25. Tel: 07575454114
Peter

Here is a full description:
Cali ad - Google Docs

1 Like

Hello Ian,
I forgot to mention that the price has changed. I asked Chris of MX5 Restorers and he suggested that I put it on at £6500 and expect to get £6k. It seems that he did not judge the market right as the car has not yet sold. So I am open to a discussion about the price.