Wanted - Used standard exhaust for mk1 1.6

Currently have a sports exhaust fitted with no cat which has caused it to fail its MOT - looking for a standard exhaust mid-section with cat or cat-back to replace the current one

Willing to collect

Confused?
You & I don’t need CATs…especially if the MOT tester knows it does not and tests it under “the different rules”
Or…is that just for Roadster imports?

mines a UK and apparently the rule applies from the 1-Aug-92 - my car was registered on 1-Aug-92 :frowning:

There’s a factory cat back sitting on my drive which I think is off a 1.6 that you can have if you like. It’s been out in all weathers for 8 months or so so will need a spruce up. I’m in CB6.

thanks for the offer - not sure i’ll get away with a 300 mile round trip to collect it under current circumstances! :slight_smile: much appreciated though

It’ll probably still be there once you’re allowed to…

1 Like

I take it the 1st August 1992 is not…inclusive of “your” 1st August?
Seems harsh…

Registered - but surely built before the registration date?

The wording is “first used on or after 1st August 1992”.

Hi, I will be replacing my exhuast hopefully this week if I can get hold of one. What have you got as we may be able to come to a deal?

Thanks, slight change of plan now as although it failed the MOT, it passed the emissions, so not exactly sure what they did, but that bit seems to be ok, so will hang on to mine for now

No worries glad that part was resolved anyway :+1: