Wanting a softer ride for my 2007 Z Sport

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2007 Z Sport MK3
  2. I’m based near: Stoke on Trent
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __obtaining a “softer” ride for the Z

Both myself and my partner have recently had stomach operations and as such we’re finding the standard suspension a tad too “bumpy” on ourselves at the moment…Any recommendations of how to obtain a more comfortable ride for us both?

Cheers
Dave

The “Z” Sport uses Bilstein dampers that like the normal Sport model, give a firmer ride than the standard (non Sport) car. You may be able to find someone on here that has a set of standard dampers that they may wish to swap with you or sell you. However the standard dampers are relatively easy to source either new from say MX-5 Parts or second hand.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice…may just try this

The more compliant ride of the NC1.8 and 5-speed box is one of the reasons I usually prefer the smaller engine in the NC range for normal road use. Saying that I did have an NC ZSport and it was a great car, colour, interior, wheels, Torsen rear diff and traction control, brilliant package.

I am currently using the Autodoc application on my phone to order some car parts for my NA and used them to order a complete suspension setup on my last car which was an NB after a forum member @McTrucky recommended them.

Might be worth a try and as mentioned Mx5Parts…