Warwickshire House & Gardens tour

Kenilworth Castle & Elizabethan Gardens.
The name of this event is now changed. After the disappointment of the previously planned venues, I can now announce that the new venue will be Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan gardens. I have now received the official booking confirmation. Kenilworth Castle is English Heritage not National Trust, so for most of us there will be an admittance charge. The good news is that as a group we do qualify for a 15% discount on the admittance fee. I would ask that we all assemble in the car park when we arrive so that we can all enter together in order to qualify for the discount. I will give out further details at the meetings on 27th April and on 8th May.
I hope that the alteration to the venue is agreeable to everyone. I apologise for the alteration but this was outside of my control Please let me know if there is a problem. The arrangements for the restaurant are unchanged.
Can anyone who as not already done so please let me have your choice of meals from below:
Beef Strip loin
Pork Belly
Corn fed Chicken Supreme
Mediterranean Veg Wellington.

There has been a slight problem with the two National Trust properties that we were planning to visit. I was told that all would be okay, but yesterday I received a email saying that they do not accept groups of over 15 people at weekends between 31st March and 31st August. This has upset the arrangements somewhat. I am currently trying to arrange a visit to another venue in the area. I will post details once they are finalised. Either way the run will take place even with arrangements being altered.
Any questions, please contact me.
Roy

As discussed at the February meeting, we are planning a run to Warwickshire
The run will take place on Sunday May 15th. After a short run we will be visiting a property in Warwickshire followed by a afternoon meal at a pub restaurant close by.
Further details will be posted later.
There is a limit on the number of cars taking place for safety and planning reasons.
SORRY BOOKINGS FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW CLOSED.
Roy & Lynn
Numbers so far, 19 cars
Roy & Lynn
Neil & Debbie
Keith & Elaine
Derek & Janet
John & Hilary
Jim & Dawn
Dave & Angela
Ben & Marg
David & Jane
Graham & Sue
Mark & Lisa
Marcus & Samantha
Alan & Jan
Simon & Sara
Mike & Margaret
Stephen & Annette
Nick & Debbie
Gary & Sue
Phil & Charlotte

Brief details of the days events are as follows:
We will meet at Frankley Southbound services on the M5, B32 4AR. Leaving at 10a.m.
After leaving the motorway we will travel to Kenilworth Castle CV8 1NG followed by a visit to The Durham Ox, restaurant at Shrewley, CV35 7AY. Here we have a meal planned for 4.0pm. The Sunday roast menu will only be available including a vegetarian option. This can be viewed on The Durham Ox website. A deposit of £5 per head is required. This can be paid over the phone on 01926842283 or by visiting their website quoting reference: Chamberlain May15th. Alternatively you can pay it to us and we will pass it on. Whichever method you choose to pay, if you could let us know that you have paid so we can make a note of it. After the meal we will all make our way home.
We hope that everyone enjoys the day.

1 Like

Please include us for this trip. Which gardens will we be visiting?
Thanks, Alan and Jan Martin

Packwood House & Baddesley Clinton are the planned gardens but I have yet to confirm them.

Hi Roy
We put our names down on the day of your posting but not included in the list above?
Can you put us down please.
Thanks
Simon and Sara

Please accept my apology for the oversight. You are now on the list.
Regards
Roy

Hi,

Been a while since I’ve been on.
Count me and Debbie in on this run.

Thanks
Nick

Hi Nick
You are now added to the list. Please see my latest post with instructions for paying £5 a head deposit for the meal. Please let me know when paid so I can update things.
Regards
Roy

Thanks for adding us to the run.

Nick

Hi Roy,

Not been on here for a while, when is the next meeting and where are we meeting up now?

Thanks
Nick

Hi Roy,

Payment of £10 to The Durham Ox at Shrewley, sorted today for Debbie and Myself for the meal on 15th May.

Thanks for organising the run out.

Nick & Debbie.

Hi Nick
Could you please contact the Durham Ox again, I think there is problem with your payment.
Regards
Roy

Hi Roy

Is there still space to include us on this run?… if there is can you please add us

Thanks

Phil & Charlotte

Hi Roy,

Payment for Durham Ox now sorted.

Thank
Nick

Hi Nick
Could you please let me have your choice of meals

Beef strip loin
Pork belly
Chicken supreme
Mediterranean veg wellington

Roy

Hi Alan & Jan

Beef strip loin
Pork belly
Chicken supreme

Roy

Hi Simon & Sara

Beef strip loin
Pork belly
Chicken supreme

Roy

Hi Roy,

Debbie and I would like the Pork Belly.

Thanks
Nick

Hi Roy
Sorry about the delay in responding, having trouble with the IT (nothing unusual there!).
We would like 1x Chicken supreme and 1x Beef strip loin. Thanks
Alan and Jan

Hi Roy
Payment of £10 paid to Durham Ox
Cheers
Alan and Jan

Hi Alan & Jan
Thank you for paying your meal deposit.
Please see my post of the update on the days activities
Roy