Water leaking into MK3.5 boot area

Come to think of it the first leak that I found was the boot lock and I sealed it with silicone from the boot side and that is not leaking anymore,

Taillight cluster seals/gaskets ?

Changed the gaskets on both lights,
Originals from MX Spares,
I will get to the bottom of this leak one day :pray:

If you’ve checked everywhere inside the boot then drastic measures, remove the rear bumper. You’ll be able to see what’s going on on the outside of that rear panel. Good time to also check for any nasties behind there like rust. It’s not a bad job to remove.

Remembered this from a while back. Pretty unlucky to have it on both sides though

Thanks mick
Much appreciated,
It’s a 2011 kendo version.
Will attest to take the bumper off on a nice day but frightened what I might find and what to do, but I’m sure there will help at hand on here. :+1:

1 Like

Mine was leaking around the seal of the the light cluster.

Spread some talcum powder under the carpet and it should help track the source.

Thanks
Just stripped the boot and covered it with lavender baby powder, if it it don’t find the leak at least the car is going to smell nice lol

5 Likes

Can’t you spray water soluble blue dye on suspect areas. Thinking of kids hair dye and the like. It should wash out easily after use.
Plumbers and chimney sweeps use dye to trace leaks…

Now that’s a good idea mate
Well worth a try,
If this leak defeats me can anyone recommend a decent cover for the winter ??

Managed to find one leak with the talcum powder, it’s coming in through the clip that holds the loom, does anyone know if you can buy replacement clips or is it a silicone job, or is there more going on behind this panel ?

personally I would dig around and clean the area out. Then - if all looks OK and is dry - use silicone and refit, pray and test…