WATERLESS WASH, SHINE & PROTECT

WATERLESS WASH, SHINE & PROTECT

I found this site when browsing various sites in the U.S. as I was on the look-out for sequential rear indicator mods (found it on Amazon.com, but that is a different post).

All I can say is that this stuff is amazing.  I washed the car very carefully, snow-foamed then hand washed (two bucket method) and then applied this as a top coat.  You use a damp microfiber cloth to apply approx 3’ x 3’ and then buff off with a dry microfiber cloth immediately.  I did the glass as well.

In all of this rain, a quick drive home from the Eastern Meet tonight and all of the water literally blew off the bodywork - it is VERY slippery!

Not cheap, but one bottle should last at least four applications using it as a “finish” after a normal wash.

INFO

FORTIFY QUICK COAT is the most scientifically advanced 3-in-1 Ceramic Waterless Wash, Shine and Protect formula.  This long-lasting and extremely durable product is designed for vehicles and other solid surfaces that require a superior shine and protection. This DIY/ at-home detailing product is a perfect blend of soaps, surfactants and wetting agents, plus a superior Si02 ceramic protective coating. 

Laboratory-Engineered and tested by Professional Detailers from around the world. No other silica sealant can actually clean, seal and protect at the same time. Fortify does!

ONE APPLICATION DOES IT ALL – CLEANS, SEALS, PROTECTS

Our FORTIFY formulation team developed the ONLY DIY, at-home detailing product that uses waterless cleaning technology and wetting agents to gently, safely and effectively cut through dirt, grease and grime on-contact – leaving you with a clean, sealed and protected surface each and every time.

https://www.shinearmor.com/collections/main-products/products/home-page-2-pearl-nano-ceramic-waterless-wash-and-coat

Seen this on Facebook and eBay around £20 mark looked good but after reading some reviews it sounded over hyped    . Glad your happy with it  I may try some. Wink

Yep, I bought the three pack with microfiber cloths so $68. Lots of hard sell emails when you buy but “unsubscribe” works!

I found the mention of SiO2 as a component rather interesting because basically, it’s sand.

Another product which gets very good reviews and is less expensive:

https://squidinkdetailing.co.uk/collections/detailing-products

A little misleading, methinks.  Laughing . It is used here, I believe, as a form of “liquid glass” - A liquid glass spray (technically termed “SiO2 ultra-thin layering”) consists of almost pure silicone dioxide extracted from quartz sand. Water or ethanol is added, depending on the type of surface to be coated. There are no additives, and the nano-scale glass coating bonds to the surface because of the quantum forces involved. According to manufacturers, liquid glass has a long-lasting antibacterial effect because microbes landing on the surface cannot divide or replicate easily. 

You can use it around the home on tiles, baths, sinks etc especially in hard water areas to protect against limescale as well as surfaces in the kitchen for its antibacterial assist.  A single coating should last a year in normal use around the home.

Like the Radio Times, other products are available.  I am only posting as a satisfied customer!

Jeff :slight_smile:

This type of product (Used as aWaterless Wash) is something that I would steer well clear of

BUT

As the OP has mentioned, used as an LSP, may give good results, with a good element of durability too

Mazda paint is thin and soft.

NEVER use this as a Waterless Wash