Waving to fellow-mx5 drivers must be made law

But what do you score if you get a wave & a kiss blown in response Wink

I live in the East Riding of Yorkshire, and I am getting disillusioned and disheartened because I flash/wave to all MX5s - regardless of Mark - and have had not one single wave or flash back, with the exception of my Dad… once. (Actually, that’s not entirely true… one woman in a Mk2 gave me the w***** sign after I flashed at her.)

Thats got to be worth 50 points , getting the w’#’#’#’##r sign Shock lol

I must admit I don’t drive my car very far (I work 3 miles away from home) and the eco-warriers are probably wondering why I do not walk but, when you have a 5 surely you have to drive … so, I had to travel to Malvern last week for work and as I have business insurance for my car, I thought I would take my car … well, not one wave and coming home I even had the roof down as it had been such a nice day (looked like the scene from Bridget Jones when I got home) but no waves.  The only flashes and waves I got were from the lorries and I saw at least 6 other 5’s …

I did however see a very nice silver MK2 a couple of weeks ago and I waved and he did look shocked … I saw him a couple of days later you could see that he remembered me from a couple of days before (he looked shocked to be waved at again) but, he did wave back and I got a smile (I think!) … nice looking car though and looked like it had some sort of skirt on it … hoping to see him again as this time he might be first to wave.

Theory:  I’ve only had my 5 since December 2009 and to me it’s a novelty to drive it - I use my excellent Mazda 3 for routine driving.  So when I’m out in my 5 it’s such a thrill, and to see another 5 really makes my day, so I wave cheerily.  Perhaps the people who do not wave back drive their 5 so regularly that it’s not a novelty, and cannot understand why other drivers bother to wave at a car

So a w$%^&* sign is worth 50 points, what do I get for the finger! Not a very ladylike response from a 2.5.Disapproving wave

But what do you score if you get a wave & a kiss blown in response

got to be +20 for this, regardless of whether male or female!

Nobody waves back at us either no matter what mark we wave or pop the lights at.  Theyy seem to be a right stuck up lot here in South Cheshire.  Its very nice to get a wave or pop back it makes you fel good.

<!--

–>

There must be a
multitude of reasons for people not to wave (besides them being
miserable) but, using the MX-5 everyday is not an excuse, it is my
only car and I still wave. I even got a wave returned from a MK-3
which had its roof up today.

That means I score over 50 this week Dancing

You gotta stop looking in the mirror so much Liz!!!

Oh dear - and the weather was fabulous today as well!!!

Aww shucks you found me out!!!Wink

i’ve gotta be honest here, having had my car now for around six months, i’ve just been so engrossed in my own fun … i hadn’t really thought about waving to others! even though my girlfriend yells out whenever one passes (“theres one like yours but without the lights” … her way of telling me a 2 or 3 has just gone by somewhere Smile)

But having read how much im dissapointing some people … im gonna starting popping the lights to all marks whenever i see them

lookout Geek

I wave to all Marks too, but 3s don’t tend to wave back.  Maybe they’re not looking, as not expecting to be waved to.Thinking

I drove all the way to Norwich from Essex yesterday and not one wave back from any MX5 I saw … BUT …

while driving through Long Stratton I got a wave from a Toyota Supra and a Honda CRX !!! … now that’s a first. haha.

Sunday afternoon, wonderful early Spring day, mk3 coming towards me roof down. Son and I waved, driver and passenger in the mk3 looked both horrified and stunned! Later on lady in a Merc CLK waved as did a group of bikers on late 1970’s mopeds Wink

Wave, don’t flash. Waving is always friendly, flashing lights isn’t.

Had a few waves in the last couple of weeks from Mk3’ers round Milton Keynes and Bedford… on two occasions the Mk3 was the instigator of the waving!  Shock   I had almost given up on Mk3’s waving back until then.

I also have two regular wavers now on the way home from work driving up the A6 to Bedford.  Ones a V or W reg Silver Mk2 and the other is a M Reg Mk1 in Black.  After a long day it sure does bring a smile to my face. :slight_smile:

Keep Waving!