Waving to fellow-mx5 drivers must be made law

I am becoming more frequently disappointed when I get really excited and wave to fellow mk1 mx-5 drivers and they blank me.

Is it that drivers - you are too slow to react - or have also experienced the same trauma, and have been dulled into disillusionment?

Or is it that fellow mx-5 drivers in west wales are particulary surly or snobby for some reason?

I urge you - wave back at me - it REALLY does make my day!! Or even better - when I get a pop of the headlights from another cheeky mk1 - good grief my heart does a little dance!

To those of you who HAVE waved at me - I loves ya! you’re the best!

LONG LIVE THE MX-5! And smiley wavey drivers!

1 Like

I would wave, but I drive a MK2 and it appears you only wave at MKI drivers  Stick Tongue Out

1 Like

I always make the effort to wave or pop the headlights up at all Mk1’s … I must admit that I do only now tend to wave to Mk2’s and Mk3’s if they wave first.
It’s not that I have anything against other ‘Marks’, it’s just that in the 7 years of ownership i’ve only had one Mk2 wave and no Mk3’s {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I think it’s a nice touch when people do wave though. I borrowed my parents motorhome last year and set off to Cornwall …
without fail 100% of all motorhomes give you a wave whatever size or age ‘van’ they happen to be driving.

I wave & you’re right it does make me happy to get a wave back. Still trying to identify the gentleman who waves each morning we pass on our opposite directions to work, silver V reg, don’t even know if he’s a member.

Oh no!  I will start waving to ALL mx-5 drivers from now on. Sorry you non-mk1 drivers.

I don’t feel that the very new models will really understand why someone in a dusty old mx-5 (but the best of course) will be waving madly at them! Perhaps they are afraid!!

I have to admit I rarely wave first.  Of ALL the women I’ve waved at, only one has waved back.  And I think the blokes think I’m trying to hit on them, so they just gawk and look shocked that a woman waved to them!

EVERY time my other half drives the car people wave at him.  I feel so unloved Cry

If I see another MX5 of any vintage in time, I will wave, but do get a bit disillusioned when its not reciprocated…

A wave at all Mks regardless and no one has waved back yet (I bought my Mk1 MX5 Sept 2009).  Maybe when the sun comes out they will warm up a bit?  Also I drive with the roof off pretty much all the time and have even had abuse driving at night with the roof off - where is the love people?

I agree and if you’re ever in Gloucestershire and see me in my little blue mk1 be assured you will get a pop and a wave :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree.  Even if you don’t think you’ll get a response, do it anyway.  It’s a good vibe thing.  Even the Mk3 owners will get a feeling of “Hmm.  People keep flashing and waving.  Maybe it’s just…friendly” and eventually return it Smile

Think of it as a pay-it-forward kind of thing.  Doesn’t hurt to do it, eventually all Mx5 owners will be doing it to each other.

I must admit i’m a bit of a flasher,Wink the problem is the indicators and wipers are on the oppersite side to my every day car so most of the time as we pass i tend to put my wipers on Embarassed so i guess they wonder whats going on, i do get most response from mk1’s.

1 Like

I wave and I’m not even in the club. My other car is in a “wave” group too, it’s just habit.

Don’t do it expecting a wave back, just do it. Then when you do get a wave back it’ll keep you happy for ages.

As for those of you who only wave if waved at - feel shame you lightweights.

<!--

–>

I have to agree the one
returned wave is worth the goodness only know how many ignored waves.

Shock lol

i wave to any one, even mr 2 driver’s… thro i do feel a bit Embarassed when they dont wave back …

bit like bikers now days who dont wave or nod.

OK all, it starts now: the law is: you wave first.  1 point for you waving first, 10 points if you get a response.  GO!

BMW riders and Harleys never, ever wave or nod. Joyless gits. Otherwise pretty much everyone nods at me on my bike. You can get nodding fatigue in summer if you go to any of the cliche biker places.

I make the effort of waving to 3 ‘regulars’ every morning. Only one ever waves back (a Mk3). one looks the other way and the third looks like they are about to call the Police!

I do not have any regulars on my run to and from work, possibly because I do not do it at a regular time. It does mean that I never know what response I will get. Some responses are so funny - quick look the other way, that nutter just waved<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> 

</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I claim my three points from this morning.<o:p></o:p>