Waving to fellow owners

My Christmas present to myself. We’ll see how we get on with the ‘Nod and Wave’!

11 Likes

What 5, all I see is road wall and trees, :rofl: :wave: :wave: :wave: :+1:

1 Like

If it was this Sunday just gone, I was out in my Merlot and I remember passing Booktrunk’s 5 near Bullbridge and was too busy admiring the paint job on it to react. Also remember passing another 5 later on just coming out of Ambergate who waved and I waved back at. Plenty of people don’t seem to bother around Belper/Ripley.

2 Likes

I wave to all MX-5s, its part of the fun. They don’t all wave back and mines bright orange so you’d think they’d notice!

5 Likes

If it’s a 30th Ed, I’d be busy drooling.

3 Likes

I’ve had 2 Louses (Lotii?) and a Caterham in the past whose owners invariably waved back. Since owning my NC I find that it’s mostly old f*rts like me that don’t respond - the sort of people who still drive with the roof up on a sunny day. Incidentally, I had a great pre-lockdown open-top drive on a clear cold Xmas day on a favourite North Somerset run - up Burrington Combe, across the top of the Mendip Hills and back down Cheddar Gorge. Who needs a vaccination to revive the spirit? Happy New Year to all and keep waving…

1 Like

" Hear Hear "

2 Likes

One of my favourite drives/roads too. But as you know, you have to concentrate rather hard along there if spirited driving so may miss the odd wave! :wink:

Glad you like it too Scarletpimpernel. Sadly, the chavvy antics of the Weston boy-racers have now screwed it for the rest of us by having had a 30mph imposed on the whole Gorge and a greater police presence. But another great run is along the North Devon coast from Bridgewater to Lynton and then back across Exmoor to Taunton. Super, fairly quiet roads and some great views too (when not watching the road!)…

1 Like

A lovely neck of the woods, we had a weeks holiday in a static caravan on a small site by a stream in Lynmouth, last year, a couple of months BEFORE we bought the Mazda :disappointed_relieved:, hey ho, but loved it there, and there was a great Thai restaurant on site.
The coastal roads and scenic B roads were lovely, and when things hopefully get back to some sort of normality we’ll be going back :sunny: :wine_glass:

It was the same Sunday but not in Ambergate and different cars. A Galaxy Grey Mk3 with a lady driver, a white NA and cant remember the third now. Not that I’m naming and shaming, lol.
I see a Grey Mk2 every morning on the school run between Ripley and Heanor, usually around Tesco’s but I’m in my Nissan Pathfinder so would be strange to wave?

I passed a similar colour MX5 to yours, yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon near Flamstead school, lower Kilburn, heading towards Ripley. Not sure if it was you. I didn’t wave as again was in other car

I live in Bedfordshire and get out as much as possible, I reckon 1 in 3 Mx5 owners wave back. I’ve also left lots of the club cards on windscreens but to no avail. I will continue waving and leaving cards in 2021. Happy new year all.

1 Like

May have been! I popped out to the Ripley Co-Op about half 1ish but wouldn’t have passed Flamstead. I think I’ve seen another Merlot or similar colour once or twice in Belper but never been close enough to fully check, would be great if it was given the small number left. I’ve had a few waves from other drivers not in Mx5s, not sure if it’s appreciation or telling me it’s making a funny noise, either way I’ll wave back.

It was around that time but definitely near Flamstead school, so must be another car.

In my area (Furness), the majority of MX-5 owners do not wave back.
I remember their cars and no longer wave at them.
But as soon as my essential journeys take me to the nearby Lake District National Park, I get a lot more waves.
It could be that people around here are on boring journeys, while those in the Lakes are on more enyoyable leisure trips.
Still, I can’t imagine not sharing the joy while driving any MX-5 anywhere.

1 Like

Definately saw you this afternoon, 2 30ish near Denby Pottery, you was behind a number of other cars and didn’t have time to react but next time I’ll wave or flash whichever car I’m in.

1 Like

That’d be me. Will keep an eye out then!

Haha only just spotted your post :slight_smile:

Nice drive around the Peak District at the weekend, saw a few 5s, most of which waved back :slight_smile: