Website for finding Curvy Roads

As a newbie 2.0 ND RF owner, I was searching for nearby twisty roads and came across the following website.

As you zoom in, it shows what it believes to be curvy roads using Open Source maps and some clever coding.
I am going to try out my local suggestions in the coming weeks…

5 Likes

Nice find! I’ve had a quick look at some of my local routes and agree with the assessment.

Will have to try some of the other suggestions out :+1:

Two of my favourite driving roads in Cumbria are on there. The A5074 from the Gilpin Bridge pub to Windermere and the A595 up the west coast of Cumbria. Both are fairly quiet roads :+1:

Have to remember those, if I ever manage to make it up that far north in MX-5

If only one could buy, y’know, a sort of graphic representation of countryside , showing the road network and surrounding terrain? I reckon they’d catch on …

A quick check of the website for my area is reassuring - it shows all the blindingly obvious usual suspects but not even one of the best local roads . I’ll stick with the Ordnance Survey and make my own mind up where to drive . .

Actual printed maps?
Do they still make them? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No idea - I use my 1984 OS Atlas for interesting routes -the M40 and M25 might have happened since publication but little has changed elsewhere . And why rely on someone else’s algorithms or ideas when you can make your own mind up ? Except most people can’t - which is why we get nonsenses like the NC500 ruining what was an almost unknown area.

Scotland. Period.
Thank you, and welcome.

1 Like