Wessex Area Meeting 26th October

Please note the attachments re validation for car parking at the hotel, just register into the console in the Pub to avoid fines!
Also the worst of the road closures do not affect us on 26th.
See you there!
Sue and Sandra

1 Like

Hi Sue and Sandra,
Congratulations on your new roles as Area Co-ordinations.
The Wessex Area was my first when I joined the OC back in 1999 and I hold fond memories of the vibrant area it was for many years.
I’m confident that under your leadership it will once again be an active Area.
I urge all members in Wessex to join them in putting the Area back on the map.
We’ll see you this evening
Best wishes
Roger and Lynn

1 Like

Hi everyone, just a quick update on last nights’ inaugural meeting for Sandra and I as Area Coordinator.
The meeting was very well supported with 30 of us present and some apologies received.
The new venue worked well and we have come away with lots of input from those present to help build the programme/events diary for 2022.
We welcome any input from any Wessex members to build on this.
First meeting 1
First meeting 2

2 Likes

Further to the meet yesterday, I’ve been researching possible events for 2023 based on visits over previous years.
Thruxton Historic at Thruxton Circuit, near Andover off A303 is a weekend event in June. Solent have attended previously so a link up with Mal may help. As with the others listed below I could find no dates for 2023.
Sherborne Castle is another weekend one, previously in July.
Lulworth Castle, previously in September.
Another one was held in a field near Wareham and was popular. Not sure when but another member may know.
In terms of a Sunday venue after a drive the Bovington Tank Museum, the Army Air museum in Wallop have been worth a visit.
Many members are also National Trust members so a drive to one of their places such as Kingston Lacy is another option. Richard knows that one well.
I know some of the above were mentioned yesterday but I thought you may find this list helpful and hopefully generate more ideas on this page.
Best wishes
Roger

1 Like

Thanks again for your input Roger. We will look in to these.
Best wishes
Sue