West coast of Corsica

A few photos below from a road trip to Corsica. The west coast is amazing - lots of James Bond style gallery roads with breathtaking views across the craggy coastline and sea. It’s not a great place for high-speed driving as the roads are very winding and narrow, sometimes blocked by semi-wild animals, and the Corsicans drive like Italians - lots of tailgating and risky overtaking. The island is very unspoilt with lots of beautiful coves and bays, and the water is very clear all around the island.

Absolutely brilliant!  Great photos of a beautiful place!! Thanks for sharing!!!

PS:  Did the goats try and eat your car, they usually do!

that goats left it alone but the pigs had a bite on the wing mirror. Funny seeing so many animals all over the place, it reminded me of India in that respect.

Is that why you “eliminated” them?

PS:  Did you use a smartphone or a “proper” camera for the photos as the quality is excellent, as is your eye for a picture!  And no stupid “selfies”!!!

superb photos, I’m in the very lucky position of having an old school friend who lives in Corsica and my wife and I visit him and his wife regularly. 

our first visit to Corsica was 1982 and if I add up all our stays over there; they total over a year. Most of the time we fly but we have driven there 5 or 6 times, the last time we drove we were in our MX5. 

My friend there has a 2003 MX5 and introduced me to the ownership of MX5s. My avatar picture is my 5 parked behind his 5 up in the mountains in Corsica.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Richard. 

Haha I think they were just taking a siesta. All photos from a Samsung s7 phone. Some using the panorama function. I used to take a decent camera on holidays and in fact got a nice new Fujifilm camera this year, but you just can’t beat the convenience of smartphones and the quality only needs to be good enough for Facebook/Instagram etc. 

Do you have any favourite bits? I’ve only been once but will be going back. It’s a big place and takes time to get around, so Impossible to see in a single trip. 

[/quote]

Do you have any favourite bits? I’ve only been once but will be going back. It’s a big place and takes time to get around, so Impossible to see in a single trip. 

[/quote]

Our friends live just north of Porto-Vecchio on the east side but we have travelled all around the island and to be honest we love exploring the island.

There is one place on the west coast where the coast road goes past a disused asbestos factory that I dislike passing and even though it hasn’t produced asbestos for 30 or 40 years I try not to breath in as we pass it.

Richard